BEST cheap high protein and low calorie SNACK

Options
Any ideas on the above?

Replies

• heathermerrill1
    heathermerrill1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    right now I am loving the danon light and fit greek yogurt.
    only 80 calories.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    an egg.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Hummus, jerky, edamame.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Eggs, almonds,Greek yogurt, peanut butter:)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Fage yoghurt
    Shrimp
    Tuna
    Beef slices

ETA: just realised you're a Brit, so prawns to you lol
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like light string cheese....60 calories each, 8 grams of protein.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Greek Yogurt w/o fruit already mixed in, steak salad (even a small 3oz one is good).

Peanut Butter if you can get the PB2 as its much lower in calories, and good old fashioned milk, the less fat and sugar the less the calories yet still with a good amount of protein.

If you also like to premake snakes you could make your own protein truffles, protein oatmeal balls/cookies, proats (protein powder and oatmeal), Greek Yogurt with chocolate or vanilla protein powder and some fresh fibrous fruits like raspberries.

Lots of different options depending on what you like and how far you are willing to go to prepare it.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Sainsburys do a range of flavoured chicken breast slice (160g packs) - 3 for £6.

Typically around 210 calories and 40g of protein.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I agree with the tuna and chicken breast.

Chicken breast I cook 5-6 at once with a bit of seasoning and then just keep in in my fridge to eat whenever. Cut it up, mix in a bit of salad dressing, or slice it and dip it in BBQ sauce, or eat it plain

100cals worth of chicken breast will get you around 24g protein, but it depends on if you can get chicken breast at a good price.

Tuna is usually pretty cheap, and even the ones that are flavoured (I love the sweet thai chili one) still have a pretty low calorie count for the amount of protein you get.