Barometric pressure change headaches

Options
jasmineconley
jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
My head is going to explode. I'm laying in bed strapped to an oxygen tank like a fighter pilot. Do you have a secret weapon that eases this kind of headache?

Replies

• mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    nope. baro changes make my fibromyalgia flare, but i don't get headaches. there's nothing i can do about the baro pain in my arms and legs. its the worst. :frown:

hang in there! in for solidarity; wish i had more to offer! :flowerforyou:
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Thanks! I have a friend that's a pharmacist that swears by chewing gum and drinking from a straw to relieve some of the pressure but yesterday a system stalled out and oh man..... No bueno
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I get headaches from baro changes...i use a netti pot, steam my face as much as possible and take advil. and sleep, nothing cures a headache like passing out
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Ugh I get these all the time. I'm better than the weather man when knowing it's going to rain.
    Caffeine
    Dark room and silence help.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    yes, caffeine helps open up the blood vessels to allow blood to flow better, i'm not a pop drinking, but when i can't handle it, i drink pepsi
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I wish steam would work! I don't use any caffeine at all EVER. It's the worst when the pressure system stalls out over you