Burned Feet?

Options
I'd like some of the communities' wonderful input. My shiba inu puppy got loose today and after a half hour of chasing her through the swamp and down the railroad tracks with no shoes or socks on (gotta go after her right after she leaves or you'll never find her... i just happened to be shoeless) the bottom of my feet are very tender (I'm pretty sure I burned them on the railroad ties as it's really sunny here and I couldn't run down the rocks) and I have at least one nice sized blister......

Is there anything I can put in my shoes or on my feet to make my feet be not so tender when I want to run tomorrow? I just started week two of the c25k and I'd hate to have to stop for the rest of the week.

Replies

• shadows1177
    shadows1177 Posts: 33
    Options
    Ouchie! Honestly I wouldnt try to run on them....I would be worried about breaking blisters, sweat in them and infections.....
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Ouchie! Honestly I wouldnt try to run on them....I would be worried about breaking blisters, sweat in them and infections.....
    Ditto; lay off the running and do other forms of milder cardio instead. Give your feet time to heal; they'll thank you for it later.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'll 3rd that. Stay off the feet. The last thing you want is getting the sweat and everything in those blisters. Putting on shoes and socks is going to make it worse and possibly give you an infection. Try putting lotion with aloe in them to keep them full of moisture. Try maybe a bike exercise where you could wear flip flops if really necessary. That's if you HAVE to workout.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

I suppose I'll just lay low for the week and watch my calorie intake.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I did this once - half a mile barefoot down an asphalt road in Virginia when it was over 100 degrees outside. I went back to work after lunch with 3" of blisters on my feet. I worked out PLENTY that week - I couldn't walk at all on my feet, so I had to pull myself around on my arms, try to hold my feet off the ground on counters, etc. If you're similar, you'll get plenty of exercise. But I definitely wouldn't try running yet. I hear mustard helps, too ...
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Mustard? Wow, would have never thought of that one. And you're right, I can't really walk correctly, I'm scared to put on flip flops to bring my kids to their baseball & softball practices. I didn't even think about the arm factor of having to keep all my weight off my feet.