day of from work question?

mrsw510
mrsw510 Posts: 169
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a phyiscal job. according to my HRM I burn 1800-2000 calories in my 8 hour shift. MFP has me at 1460 calories daily plus I eat 50-75% of my excerise calories.

On the days that I am off from work (I work 5 days) should I be eating less calories? I still excerise but I don't burn nearly as many calories through out the day.

Replies

• kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Good question! No clue so here is a bump for you :D
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    I'd say it depends on when you set MFP if you set yourself as sedentary and then count your work as exercise or if you told MFP what your day is like and they based the calorie count accordingly.
    In any event you should never eat more than 1200 calories so eating to 1400 on your day off work is probably not a deal breaker.

Plus you've lost a good amount of weight already; you must be doing something right.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    I would say if you set you MFP to active then on days when you are not you probably should be eating less but that is just my thinking. Maybe others have better and more informed answers! Best of luck!
    PS canroadrunner is right, you have lost lots of weight, you are doing great!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    I would continue what you are doing until you hit a plateau. When the scale doesn't budge, I would reduce calorie intake on days off to 1200. That should get you loosing again.

Until you hit the plateau though, I wouldn't worry.

Also, If you are walking or cleaning your home on your days off, then the extra calories shouldn't make a difference.

Good luck!
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Well, obviously I meant never eat less than 1200 in my post above. Gremlins!
This discussion has been closed.