Click it. (:

Options
Hello -waves-
My name is Mary, and I'm here for the same reason the rest of you are, to become happy and healthy, and drop some pounds in the meantime.
I want to start by saying that I have a hard time with the weight loss thing.
I love to eat healthy, and working out is fun too, but for some reason I bounce back and forth with it.
For example; around june 2012 I made some real progress and got down to around 150 from 170. Now this weight loss, I have no idea how it happened, it just did.
I was determined to keep loosing it however, so in September, when I started college and moved out of state, I started working out and seriously eating right. I got down to about 140 in a month and I was stoked. It's probably the lowest I've been since I can remember.
Needless to say, when I moved into my own place with my boyfriend (who has less than desirable eating habits), starting working at Olive Garden, and had homework on top of a full time job, I guess you can say I lost track.
Now I'm right back to were I started. I almost decided that maybe it was time to give up. I mean my loving boyfriend loves me exactly how I am, so why should I even bother?

Then it hit me. I'm not doing this to show my body off to other people or him or really to impress anybody, but myself. Loosing weight the first time was for everyone else to think I was hot and awesome, and that's exactly why I failed in the end.
This time, I'm determined to get to 125, but not for the smaller pant size, but for the strength I can have, and the health I will feel.

I believe it's important that when you're making a list of WHY you're doing something, it should be for yourself, not to impress everyone else.

SO YEAH, sorry this was so long, I hope you had a nice read. I can always use fitness buddies, so be sure to add or message me if you you'd like to do so ^-^

Replies