Deep tissue massage

Options
nomeejerome
nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
I have never posted a topic before... So my apologies if this is not in the correct section.....

I had a deep tissue massage today and my body feels like I worked out all day. I was curious to hear other experiences with a deep tissue massage, a general idea of what to expect (I understand everybody is different) with recovery time and if it would be a good idea to not do a strenuous work out in the next couple of days? Thoughts?

Replies

• AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm by no means an expert but I have a few deep tissue massages and I know for me I got to drink alot of water and I usually only take the next day off from workouts (it's more so i "treat" day of rest for myself). But listen to your body it will let you know when it's ok to start up agian. but I definitely recommend drinking more water.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    From those that I've had, they do end up making me sore. The day after is usually a 'rest' day and right after massages I make sure to drink a few cups of green tea to 'flush' out radicals. Listen to your body and if it is too sore for the next few days, give it a break.
  • nomeejerome
    Options
    I'm by no means an expert but I have a few deep tissue massages and I know for me I got to drink alot of water and I usually only take the next day off from workouts (it's more so i "treat" day of rest for myself). But listen to your body it will let you know when it's ok to start up agian. but I definitely recommend drinking more water.

Thank you. I had a great workout yesterday and today was less intense... I was hoping to get a good one in tomorrow, but I will have to see how I feel in the morning. I know right now.... I feel like a hot bath.....
  • nomeejerome
    Options
    From those that I've had, they do end up making me sore. The day after is usually a 'rest' day and right after massages I make sure to drink a few cups of green tea to 'flush' out radicals. Listen to your body and if it is too sore for the next few days, give it a break.

Thank you. This is my first deep tissue massage and I was not prepared for this soreness. I like green tea for the taste..... So I will continue to drink it during my afternoons and see how I feel in the morning for a workout.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way when I get them! Best thing is to drink lots of water before and after and take it easy for a day.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Thank you. I had a great workout yesterday and today was less intense... I was hoping to get a good one in tomorrow, but I will have to see how I feel in the morning. I know right now.... I feel like a hot bath.....

Put some epsom salts in your bath. You will be glad you did. :flowerforyou:
  • nomeejerome
    Options
    I feel the same way when I get them! Best thing is to drink lots of water before and after and take it easy for a day.

Thanks. It is a good thing to know that I am not the only one who is feeling sore afterwards
  • nomeejerome
    Options

Put some epsom salts in your bath. You will be glad you did. :flowerforyou:

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Oh, God.....I need a massage.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    OMG....that sounds perfect right now.
  • nomeejerome