Raw Food - Plant Based - Eye Color Changing...........

Options
13»

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    That is so creepy.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    This win the weird topic of the day award.

O_O
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

O_O

It's actually quite an old thread. From May.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm like Wilma Flintstone. My eyes are black as frying pans.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

O_O

Man!!! I hate when that happen
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

O_O

Man!!! I hate when that happen

Me too. Only reason I knew was because I was in originally.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If we didn't respond it odd zombie threads, we'd be stuck checking out MFP FITSPIRATION 100 times a day, and how would that be fun?
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that eyes will lighten / brighten and for many eating this way even change in color - the darker the eyes, the more toxins it is said to still be in the system. As you detox and switch to raw food plant based, the eyes will lose the dark build up and return to what most have at birth - a bluer / lighter shade of eye. The lighter in shade, the healthier you are said to be.

This is probably the most ridiculous thing I have read in recent memory. What about the well-known-to-statistically-be-among-the-most-healthy groups of people in southeast Asia, the overwhelming majority of whom are born and spend their lives with very dark irises. Or, I don't know, the vast majority of races across the globe who are genetically predisposed to have dark eyes? Or, and I hate to let facts get in the way of what people want to believe just because someone told them it was true, the scientific evidence that shows light eyes are a genetic mutation that is relatively new and, therefore, didn't exist back in the days where ancient people ate raw foods all the time?
    In other words, your eyes might (in rare instances) change color for various reasons, but "releasing toxins from eating a raw plant based diet" is not one of them.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    No offense... but i think your batsh*t crazy...

I have to agree. But it is particularly funny coming from a weasel wearing a scarf named Tessywooloo. Otherwise, I would just have to conclude it was a classic case of projection!
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Brown eyes means toxins? Uh, no. Genetics, yes. Mostly urban legend, but there are some medications and diseases that can cause a change in hue (not color). You look a little young for glaucoma...do you drink heavily? Both can create a halo effect of discoloration or if your liver's not functioning. Your skin can turn a wee bit orange if you drink an excess of carrot juice...yellow if you are close to death from hepatitis.
  • lovemuffin6
    Options
    Not really related but interesting history fact, Stalin is thought to have abnormally blue tinged whites of his eyeballs. It's been theorized it made him more persuasive :3
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

I have to agree. But it is particularly funny coming from a weasel wearing a scarf named Tessywooloo. Otherwise, I would just have to conclude it was a classic case of projection!

I love this attempt at getting the thread locked!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I know this is a zombie but WOW. Just when I thought I've read some derpy threads but this.......I can't even.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options

I love this attempt at getting the thread locked!

Really? Not my goal at all. Tessywooloo has a picture of a Ferret wearing a scarf. They are lovingly referred to as weasels. I had one...named her Louweasal. Tessy obviously has an excellent sense of humor. I forget that not everyone does...
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    FWIW, your eyes look exactly the same to me in those pictures. Maybe there's been a shift in your color perception from a raw food diet.

Um.... This.

Also, I have brown eyes with a grey ring, and depending on the light they show up slightly different colours (as do everyone's and people's clothes, and pretty much everything looks slightly different colour depending on the light quality). If there are genuine changes go see your doctor.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I have been whole food / mostly raw food, plant based for almost 100 days now. I noticed that the top part of my eyes (the top outer edge of my iris) have started to get this thick grey blue coloring to them - I am normally very dark brown and have a solid black circle around the outer part of my iris.

KCCloseUp5-8-13_zps5ccc0b23.jpg

:flowerforyou: For interest's sake:

Arch Ophthalmol. 1997 May;115(5):659-63.
    Eye color changes past early childhood. The Louisville Twin Study.
    Bito LZ, Matheny A, Cruickshanks KJ, Nondahl DM, Carino OB.
    Source
    Department of Ophthalmology, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA. :
    Conclusion: Most individuals achieve stable eye color by 6 years of age. However, a subpopulation of 10% to 15% of white subjects have changes in eye color throughout adolescence and adulthood in the eye color range that can be expected to reflect changes in iridial melanin content or distribution. These data also suggest that such changes in eye color, or the propensity to such changes, may be genetically determined.

ETA: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9152135
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I have been whole food / mostly raw food, plant based for almost 100 days now. I noticed that the top part of my eyes (the top outer edge of my iris) have started to get this thick grey blue coloring to them - I am normally very dark brown and have a solid black circle around the outer part of my iris.

I read somewhere that eyes will lighten / brighten and for many eating this way even change in color - the darker the eyes, the more toxins it is said to still be in the system. As you detox and switch to raw food plant based, the eyes will lose the dark build up and return to what most have at birth - a bluer / lighter shade of eye. The lighter in shade, the healthier you are said to be.

Anyway, there is much research on this but when I saw it myself, I was surprised - I am putting pics below but it is god awful hard to take them and get the contrast of dark brown and that grey blue to show up as you hold and balance a camera while looking in the mirror :) I can see it but then again I know what I am looking for as I see it in the mirror.

Thought this would be interesting to post.......................pics below.....................and last pic is me today - full on shot of my face further away so you can see how dark my eyes are and know why I can readily see this contrasting color.

6a25aa96-25b7-4d54-a213-5b42f53974b0_zps578bee09.jpg

96c881d3-7100-4d37-9488-bbde84fbfd27_zpseb0c68f7.jpg

5b00feed-4f18-4ea5-bad9-59a218df93fb_zps22fc1f15.jpg

ef03e7c6-134e-4bc9-824a-ca70b0fec8e5_zps283fc3e3.jpg

KCCloseUp5-8-13_zps5ccc0b23.jpg

I understand where the majority who are concerned for your health are coming from. Your dark brown eyes have jumped the scale. Eyes if the irises are undergoing a melanogenesis progresses in stages. It goes from dark brown to brown to light brown to amber to dark green to medium green to sea green to dark blue to sea blue to light blue to grey. You are sharing that you have noticed the outline of your iris which is usually darker, having undergone a rapid change, over the course of your conscious raw vegan lifestyle.

If I were you, I would schedule an appointment with an Opthamologist to rule out any possible problems. The eyes are telling and are oftentimes, sign-bearers for other ailments your body might be harbouring. One of the major places - the circumference of the eye, where you've noticed the change. People who'd declared changes in eye colour have attested to speckles from within the iris resembling their eyes when they were younger (refer to individuals who might've been blue-eyed children, then dark-eyed adults or green-eyed children who later developed darker eyes). Having said that, your raw vegan lifestyle would also bring other things to the surface, if you are to consider that it is a cleansing of sorts. As a raw vegan enthusiast, you can not rule out that possibility.

Light and reflections of light and the refractions of light, can alter colour or gradients of it. Do you have any photos, same angle, same lighting, same camera, from before you'd noticed the change?

Regardless, good luck :flowerforyou: