Give a shout out to our supporters

Options
I've been reading a lot of posts about MFPers who aren't getting support while trying to get fit. This includes parents, siblings, husbands, wives, kids, and coworkers. It's awful - losing weight is easier when you have someone telling you that you can do it and someone who is willing to help out. Not digging too deeply, I couldn't find any threads discussing our successes and the people who supported us. So to the cheerleaders, coaches and shoulders to cry on, here is your chance to be acknowledged. Also, hands up if you are your own best support system. Sometimes you forget that your weight losses are because of the drive inside of you.

My husband recently joined my weight loss support group to provide encouragement to me. This took a lot of confidence - he is the only male in the group. It's working because I've loss weight three weeks in a row since he has started coming to meetings with me. He's even lost a little bit. :smile:

Replies

• ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Shout out to DieselPrime, lol!
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    That's awesome!
    I have my husband who listens to my incessant and undoubtedly annoying constant rants about the latest things I've learned in reasearching and helps me cook healthy food.
    Otherwise I find it hard to talk to *most* other people about it in person. From some, I just get bad advice or opinions about what I'm doing wrong or what would work better. :/ Not helpful.