Cheating on diet questions

Options
pbandz
pbandz Posts: 128 Member
So I reached my desired weight and I believe I want to be a little lower. But. Dieting has taken a tole on me and today and yesterday I kind of just splurged. I got fried chicken and biscuits today and burgers yesterday. Today and yesterday I hit 2,000 calories and I burned some calories yesterday but didn't do a workout today and got 7k steps which is fewer than what I want which is 10k. My question is, having done poorly 2 days in a row, could I have put a dent in my progress? Is it going to be hard to get to 119 again and lower? I plan on going on a run tomorrow and I don't run often. I also was going to walk a lot. Opinions ?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have been pushing hard and are likely undereating. 2,000 doesn't really count as overeating. I would recommend stepping back from the exercise for a month and eat at or slighty above maintenance for a month. Let your body rest, reevaluate your fitness goals, calculate your TDEE properly, and take a more measured approach to your fitness.
  • rachelabdy
    rachelabdy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No of course not. Generally - well - surely almost always :) we didn't get ourselves into the unhealthy overweight state we were before MFP overnight - so a few days won't set you back to the beginning.
    You may just find that as a weekly average (which I live by and don't use the daily as much) you have been eating at maintanance and you'll bounce back right away.
    Don't be too hard on yourself - there's no reason to be.
    I plan "binges" - well cheat meals for weekends anyway and - like I mentioned - as long as my weekly goal is close to intact - I'm making progress.
  • pbandz
    Options
    I was eating regularly 1400 a day with some exercise . Just To cut the weight faster I limited sugar and fat more and that caused crazy cravings. I'm always full after meals, it's just I haven't worked out today or yesterday and my goal daily is 1100, so it felt bad. Plus none of it has any health benefits. Just fat and sugar and sodium. I need to find a way to almost diet without it feeling like a diet. Keeping track of calories daily helps keep me motivated so maybe paying more attention to my body is what I should do. I feel sick this evening. I need to find a happy medium. Like you said I should almost just rest. Not rest by eating like a pig every day but just eat normal, healthy and work out. Don't restrict just eat what my body wants. Don't overeat but don't feel threatened by unhealthy foods. I'm actually going on vacation to England this Friday, I guess that'll make for a good time to take a break. Thanks!!
  • pbandz
    Options
    I shouldn't regret it. I just need to really recogniZe that eating until I'm sick is bad. But I do have my weekend binge days, these days were just worse than usual. I shouldn't feel too bad, especially since on vacation ill be walking 10k plus a day easily. Thanks for all the advice guys
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    1100 calories is a bit low. Have you figured your BMR?
  • rachelabdy
    rachelabdy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    yep absolutely - see you knew the answer yourself anyway :) You'll be fine.
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just To cut the weight faster I limited sugar and fat more and that caused crazy cravings.

Cutting sugar is great,but worry less about cutting fats (your body needs fats) and more about cutting high glycemic carbohydrates which are responsible for your rebound hunger and crazy cravings.

If you're not familiar with the terms, Google up low glycemic and high glycemic carbohydrates. There's a lot of info out there.

Switching to low glycemic carbs helps me keep the 'crazy cravings' at bay.

As for beating yourself up for eating burgers and fried chicken, let it go. You can't change the past. You can only control the present.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I was eating regularly 1400 a day with some exercise . Just To cut the weight faster I limited sugar and fat more and that caused crazy cravings. I'm always full after meals, it's just I haven't worked out today or yesterday and my goal daily is 1100, so it felt bad. Plus none of it has any health benefits. Just fat and sugar and sodium. I need to find a way to almost diet without it feeling like a diet. Keeping track of calories daily helps keep me motivated so maybe paying more attention to my body is what I should do. I feel sick this evening. I need to find a happy medium. Like you said I should almost just rest. Not rest by eating like a pig every day but just eat normal, healthy and work out. Don't restrict just eat what my body wants. Don't overeat but don't feel threatened by unhealthy foods. I'm actually going on vacation to England this Friday, I guess that'll make for a good time to take a break. Thanks!!

Dear, limiting sugar is pointless and limiting fat is dangerous. Sugars are just carbs, and unless you have a medical condition, there is no reason to track or limit it. Just focus on overall carbs. Fat is an essential macronutrient and plays a huge role in your body. I suspect that you have a fundamental lack of nutrition and the roles of macronutrients have on your body.

Your goal of 1100 calories per day is ridiculously low and you need to reevaluate. No food is unhealthy, just the quantities that you consume. And the whole idea of eating what your body tells you is absurd. Why do you think people get fat? From listening to their body. You get sick when you overeat because you are currently damaging your body by undereating and it goes into shock when you overeat and treat it nicely.