Muscles Question

Options
We all known that muscles heavier than fat ! what if I gain lots of muscles ? Will it prevent me from reaching my weight goal ? I had gain tons of weight ! But my clothes size are still the same :( I don't get it :( Feeling discourage right now :(

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    1 lb is 1 lb so muscle and fat weigh the same. Muscle is just denser.
  • dangtienthanh97
    Options
    So basically I will never reach my goal ?
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    If you're eating in a deficit you won't be gaining muscle.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    confused??? what are u asking? what is your goal here?
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    No, if you eat at a deficit you can still lose weight. My understanding is that to gain muscle mass one needs to lift and eat accordingly to build muscle. I see all the time that you can't really build muscle while eating to lose fat and I tend to believe it.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    If your goal is an arbitrary number, then you may or may not reach it. A bodyfat% is actually more helpful.
  • dangtienthanh97
    Options
    thank you guys
  • TempleStyle
    Options
    One of my students is going through the same thing right now. You might want to consider focusing on your body fat percentage instead of your total weight when it comes to measuring progress and reaching a goal. Just because you're not losing weight doesn't mean you're not making progress.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I love my wife, so I'm never picking up a golf club. Look what happened to Tiger Wood's marriage.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You won't gain any real amount of muscle while in a calorie deficit. You tend to lose muscle in a calorie deficit. Also, as a female you won't gain a lot of muscle without supplements/drugs.

If you want to reach a certain weight... lift heavy while in a deficit so you retain as much muscle as possible while losing fat. If you want to be a certain size, lose fat than work to gain muscle.

Gaining muscle will either cause the scale to go up or not change at all but will decrease the size of your body.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If your goal is an arbitrary number, then you may or may not reach it. A bodyfat% is actually more helpful.

this