I totally blew it yesterday...

So. I woke up and got on the scale. That's what started my downward spiral. Despite killer 60 minute workouts and staying under my calorie goal each day, the seemingly impossible happened. I gained five pounds. I was so upset at this turn of events, I downed 800 calories worth of popcorn! Why did I do that? That didn't even make any sense. But I know that unhealthy relationships between food and me never have made any sense.

The wonderful people on my friend's list told me not to beat myself up...just look at today...it's a new day. I have a loooooong road ahead of me, but I am not going to get derailed now. I am going to pick myself up, dust myself off and move on from that. For once...I am not going to be defeated. I still have the 8 pounds I lost so I am holding on to that...marking it as a lesson learned and one that taught me that I don't have to throw in the towel at the first sign of trouble.

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Excellent attitude. Don't let one negative moment control your future. I don't know what your eating has been like for the last week - but it is possible the 5lbs could be water weight from high sodium? Just a thought! Keep on doing what you've been doing and I'm sure it will come off. :heart:
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    The gain is probably just water weight from your tough workout, or salt. We all have those days though. I love your attitude! It‘s just one day and you can get right back on track.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    The only way to succeed is to not quit. When I first started, I went over my calorie goal 4 days out of 7 most weeks. I felt like I was failing all the time. But I didn't quit. Now, I've lost 25+ lbs and I made changes over time that allowed me to stay within my goals. I figured out what works for me. But it took time. You can do this!
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    "Falling down a step or two doesn't mean you go all the way back to bottom to start again."

"Anything is possible; It's your choice whether or not you choose to make IT happen."

I use quote to keep me on track

anyone can add me
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Ah meh. I have 'blown it' more days then I like to remember. I have honestly lost count of the amount of fresh starts I have had since I joined MFP lol. But I figure in the long run as long as I have more good days than bad ones i'm on the right road....X
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    totally.

sometimes. i say to myself. gawd dang it. why why why... then i rant about it on mfp and they help me through. saying its just one day. make the next day a brand new day and forget about yesterday. :3 you got this!
  • katescountdown
    katescountdown Posts: 24 Member
    You didn't totally blow it you just indulged, don't ruin that enjoyment by despairing over it now :smile: All journeys have hiccups some little some big, but we only ever totally blow it if we stop all together which from your attitude you wont! Don't be so hard on yourself, just put it down as a learning curve You're doing great :smile: