Easy, Tasty Snack Ideas? 200-300 cals

Options
Hi,

I'm trying to come up with some tasty and easy snack ideas to have at work. I want something around 200 to 300 calories that isn't too high in fat or carbs and has some protein in it (around 20 grams). :)

Anyone got any ideas? I've been having protein bars but would prefer something less processed and more natural.

Thanks.

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Vanilla pumpkin seeds

Greek yoghurt

Cottage cheese and sweetmeal cracker / ginger biscuit
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Apples with nut butters, I love wasabi and soy sauce almonds, shredded chicken and cheese lettus wraps
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I like this recipe for a high protein, low calorie afternoon snack:

Hummus Chicken Salad:

Ingredients

•2 cups shredded cooked chicken
    •1/2 cup hummus (I just use Sabra)
    •1 Tbsp. lemon juice
    •1/4 cup chopped onion

Mix all the ingredients. This makes 4 servings. I eat this by dipping celery sticks in it.

There are about 200 calories per serving (depends on the hummus you use- I use classic and so 1/2 cup of this chicken salad comes out to 200 with 2 stalks of celery). 8 grams of fat. 23 grams of protein.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I get mini bell peppers and stuff them with stuff. Cheese. Tuna. Hummus. Egg salad. Easy and filling.

A bit higher in fat and carbs, but I also make protein balls. Half a cup of old fashioned oats. Half a cup pb. A scoop of protein powder and then whatever else. Shredded coconut sometimes, chocolate chips, etc. Roll in balls and toss them in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up and yum. Filling and yummy.
  • getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i love to make me a salad, with a little protein and a little dressing... if im in a pinch, i like to eat the safeway cafe bowls... most of those are under 300 cals but i normally stick to the ones with 200 cals.. im not a big fan of eating veggies (like carrots sticks && celery with dip) but i love salads! great way for me to get in veggies during snack!