Gym Etiquette breaches....

Options
trudijoy
trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
What really gets you annoyed in your workout time? Part of me likes getting grumpy at the gym coz it fuels a better workout haha.

These are guaranteed to irritate me.

- people who use the circuit machines for long bursts of cardio when there are people doing circuits and cardio machines available off-circuit

- people who get on the machine in front of you on the circuit about three seconds before the transition buzzer goes off and you have to go around them and go back to the machine

- people who don't wipe their sweat off equipment

- people chilling on the mats talking to each other and not working out when you want to do core work

grumble away haha. Lets vent about gym - annoyances

Replies

• xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    that one dude just keeps looking at me or my routine. don't know wich .:explode:
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Curling lightweight in the squat rack, if u can't do at least 135 get out of there haha...
  • trudijoy
    Options
    that one dude just keeps looking at me or my routine. don't know wich .:explode:

LOL yeah i go to an all girls gym and you get that too. often with chicks it's things like 'wonder where she got that workout top' or ís her hair real?' etc :laugh:
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Curling lightweight in the squat rack, if u can't do at least 135 get out of there haha...
    curling on the SQUAT rack. Period.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Not reracking your weights. It means I can't tell if that equipment is free, it means someone has to pickup after you and it means you're an assh0le.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Not reracking your weights. It means I can't tell if that equipment is free, it means someone has to pickup after you and it means you're an assh0le.

+1
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options

^^^^ this. I feel like launching their left behind weights at their heads!
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    Well... I have no excuses as I work out at home now... but I do get annoyed that I don't always put my weights back in their correct place! :laugh:
  • mikemckinlay
    mikemckinlay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First one is a no brainer - people who don't put the dumbells back in the correct place (or even don't put their dumbells back and leave them lying on the floor).

The other one is a bit subjective and I run the risk of being blasted for this :wink: : People who want to share your machine whilst you rest. Now speaking personally, if I am using a machine I have the height / width / weight settings etc set for me and to be quite honest I would rather be left alone to finish my sets. I don't spend ages on a machine and I am quite efficient at resting / pushing, and I'm sure that there are many other things to do whilst you are waiting for me to finish. Even worse is when someone stands by you gawping at you (catching flies) whilst you finish your sets - I find it incredibly off-putting.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    First one is a no brainer - people who don't put the dumbells back in the correct place (or even don't put their dumbells back and leave them lying on the floor).

The other one is a bit subjective and I run the risk of being blasted for this :wink: : People who want to share your machine whilst you rest. Now speaking personally, if I am using a machine I have the height / width / weight settings etc set for me and to be quite honest I would rather be left alone to finish my sets. I don't spend ages on a machine and I am quite efficient at resting / pushing, and I'm sure that there are many other things to do whilst you are waiting for me to finish. Even worse is when someone stands by you gawping at you (catching flies) whilst you finish your sets - I find it incredibly off-putting.

i'm with you on that last one. . when i'm done with it i'll move off of it. I often do stretches USING the machine so indicate it's still 'mine'
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It's not their fault but I hate it when people take the bars away from the racks and use them in the sort of pivot-thing in the corner and row it to their crotch. I'm sure it's a good excercise for something but there are only 2 bars and what use is a squat rack without one??

The people who do this always, always leave the bar there with weights on as well. So it takes even longer to get to squat. Bah. Just do some dumbell rows, will ya?
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Don't stand in front of me while I do my exercise...
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    There's an old man who will stand infront of you sighing and grunting until you get off the machine he wants.
  • trudijoy
    Options

far out lady, great comparison pics! you look amazing
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options

far out lady, great comparison pics! you look amazing

Oh you sweetie! Thanks so much :) xxx
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Anything other than squats in the squat rack- most of the guys at my gym seem to think it's somewhere to have a rest, chat to their mates or do any exercise other than squats. And not putting your weights back.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options

Squat rack is the squat rack. Curl anywhere else
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @pennydreadful

sounds like they're doing a barbell row.
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    There's a dude who uses the gym in our apartment building - which is a very small gym - and he listens to his iPod really loudly, WITHOUT HEADPHONES. Drives me nuts. Who does that?? I want to listen to my own music, not his.