Can't beat plateau

Options
I been getting really frustrated this week as I can't seem to get over this weight plateau I been struggling with. I been exercising and drinking enough and still my body won't let go of this plateau! It's so frustrating because I'm eating right to and have been doing so since I started this lifestyle change. Also I'm really careful with my sodium intake, so I have no idea what's causing this?

Can anyone help me figure out why this plateau won't go and why I'm holding on to the fat?

Thanks

Replies

• echippendale
    Options
    i dont think your eating enough, you seem to be eating under 1200 cals a day. i can really see what you are eating as you have just added quick calories and not what items of food you are having. what height and weight are you ? how much exercise do you do? what is your job? is it active ? how many lbs have you set to lose on here ?
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Calories too low. Protein way too low. Sodium makes little difference IMO.
  • shel252
    shel252 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, are you changing your exercise regime? You need to change it every 6 weeks. Are you following a programme?
  • echippendale
    Options
    have you also tried cutting down on the soda, also dont go off weight ,take your measurements as well. i go off how my clothes feel .
  • santje00
    santje00 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking with my boyfriends phone whilst I'm cooking because it's a lot faster. I'm waiting for a new phone to use the fitness pal app with so I quick add calories on my computer once I tracked them on his phone. To answer questions that you guys asked me my current weight is 231 pounds and height 5.3

I have been changing my exercise because of work. Now I have a week off, so I thought to step it up a bit more this week. Also I am taking enough protein in. I been eating mainly chicken, fish and lean meat. The past two days I cut out soda completely, because of the sugar levels. I add a lot of veg in my cooking as well, which make me feel very full very fast. That's mainly why I been 200 cal under a day because I can't eat any more.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I just had a look at your diary

it is very hard to know what you are eating if you only have the cal count

stop drinking diet soda, they are bad for you ( sorry I loved them too)

there doesn't seem to be much exercise recorded

I eat 1200 cals also
    I exercise every day

karate, gym, orienteering/hiking, walking and treadmill

I eat back 95% if the cals I earn thru exercise

I drink water and tea

I don't eat cane sugar, diet anything (soda etc) I try not to see too many processed foods

so lots of veg and protien, some cabs, 2 fruit.

I eat protein within 30 mins of finishing my work out

good luck

"Do not be discouraged by who you are at present. Be motivated by who you WILL become in the future"

anyone can add me
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    As someone currently in a "stall" with the "recompositioning" phase I understand.....

However, others have mentioned your diary that I have not looked at, and it doesn't sound good.

Eating too few calories is not good.

Not being honest in your diary is not good either (not accusing you of that, just pointing out a possibility)

You have to be real with you. Weigh everything that goes in your mouth. Try not to eat more food in a sitting that would fit in the palm of your hand. Shop organic. Stay away from processed foods. Whole foods rule.

Good luck!!! xo
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking with my boyfriends phone whilst I'm cooking because it's a lot faster. I'm waiting for a new phone to use the fitness pal app with so I quick add calories on my computer once I tracked them on his phone. To answer questions that you guys asked me my current weight is 231 pounds and height 5.3

I have been changing my exercise because of work. Now I have a week off, so I thought to step it up a bit more this week. Also I am taking enough protein in. I been eating mainly chicken, fish and lean meat. The past two days I cut out soda completely, because of the sugar levels. I add a lot of veg in my cooking as well, which make me feel very full very fast. That's mainly why I been 200 cal under a day because I can't eat any more.

Even if you're tracking properly on your boyfriend's phone/account/whatever, you aren't netting enough.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13
  • santje00
    santje00 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'll take all your tips into consideration. Already changed my fitness schedule and started on the treadmill again today. I'm beating this plateau with everything I got!