Vitamins

Options
laurs22
laurs22 Posts: 11 Member
I am currently taking a multi, flaxseed oil, b12, zinc and green tea supplement. Is that overkill, am I missing something? to make this more relevant what do you guys take on a regular basis

Replies

• Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I take a Multi, Super B Complex, Glucosamine & would take fish oil if the pill wasn't so big it made me gag.
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    I am currently taking a multi, flaxseed oil, b12, zinc and green tea supplement. Is that overkill, am I missing something? to make this more relevant what do you guys take on a regular basis

Unless you have a major b12 and zinc deficiency or don't get enough of it in your regular diet, the multi should cover it. I myself take a multi, fish oil soft gels, and green tea extract.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Centrum Ultra Women, flaxseed oil (for omega fatty acids), evening primrose oil (for hair loss, thyroid related), green tea (because when you have impulse control issues a little stimulant never hurts), a little selenium here and there (for the thyroid), vitamin E (for skin issues), and CoQ10 (for energy and because my diuretic can deplete it). I think the Centrum is awesome. Since switching over to it, I have decided to drop the E and the selenium when they run out. In fact, on days I eat tuna I skip the selenium entirely. I also don't have to worry about a separate calcium supplement.

I think what you're doing sounds pretty good. :smile: I think you have to design your supplementation around your specific needs.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I was told to take the b complex for my gerd, but have had the plesant effects of extra energy, which I love!! It is supposed to help with metabolism, but I don't know if it really does or not.