What do diet pills actually do?

Options
2»

Replies

• briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    They give you false hope and drain your pockets. This statement is concerning over the counter diet pills. The ones that are regulated by the FDA and can only get from a prescription are the better route.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    i don't think that all the pillls don't work HOWEVER they dont' work the way peopel think they are meant to. if you read most diet boxes/instructions for the pills they tell you that you need to work out with them and a lot of people don't bother with that so they dont' see progress and then cry that they aren't working.

for example i have fastin, but i'm not really using it as a diet pill and i've only taken it twice. the only thing i have noticed it do is make me shakey but full of energy. honestly it's supposed to 'curb the hunger' but i got hungry at the same time as i usually did after taking it as directed. and the crash from that 100mg of caffenine was a pain in the *kitten*. if you even consider using anything you really need to read into them all, do your research because some of them have side effects that aren't worth the risk.
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    One of my good friends was taking bee pollen pills, and her weight dropped significantly. It boosted her metabolism, she had a ton of energy, and never felt hungry. However, her weight was dropping so much that it became unhealthy and she had to stop, which made her weight skyrocket back up to its original proportions.
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I don't suggest stimulants. When I was in college I used to drink an energy drink every day (Red Bull, Mountain Dew Amp, Sobe something or another...) which have a lot of the same chemicals and ended up screwing up my thyroid. It took a few years for my thyroid to get back to normal without medication but as a result...I wouldn't recommend anything outside of the occasional cup of coffee/tea as an energy supplement.