My protein powder didn't come with a scoop?!

FitMrsR
FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
I just opened my optimum nutrition gold standard whey and was very surprised to find it doesn't have a scoop! All of the other powders I've used have come with one but I didn't think to keep one of them just in case. It was sealed properly and the serving size says "one rounded scoop" am I being dumb? Is it like the prize in a box of cereal? I don't have a kitchen scale so I can't even measure out the 32g :huh:

Replies

• starastara
    starastara Posts: 3 Member
    have a dig around, it'll buried in there somewhere.
  • dori76
    dori76 Posts: 2
    sometimes the scoop settles all the way to the bottem of my protein mix and I have to dig to find it...
  • FitMrsR
    Ok lol dug with a big spoon and it was at the bottom! I guess it was like the prize in a box of cereal. That's never happened to me before, I've always found it near the top. Thanks guys! Lets keep this on the DL :laugh:
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 402 Member
    Lol. I usually find it toward the top but when I pull it out all of the powder packed inside spills out all over!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Some of the cheaper ones I've bought didn't come with a scoop - it obviously reduces cost and if you're a regular buyer then you don't need a new scoop everytime.

Having said that I'd have thought Optimum Nutrition Gold would always include one as it's not a budget powder.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Get a digital scale anyway! You would be surprised, especially with protein powder.

and peanut butter! I like knowing i get the grams right rather than a "scoop" or a tablespoon, which everyone measures differently.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I had that happen to me for the first time... and I'm on container number 5... luckily I keep the old scoops (works great for chocolate milk mix for the kids) so I just used an old one until I dug the new one up.

It sucks that you have no way to weigh your whey.
  • MrQstyle
    MrQstyle Posts: 6
    don't stress... I'm sure it wont be you last like most of us, you will end up with more then enough scoops
  • FitMrsR
    Get a digital scale anyway! You would be surprised, especially with protein powder.

and peanut butter! I like knowing i get the grams right rather than a "scoop" or a tablespoon, which everyone measures differently.

I've been really wanting one for ages. Just haven't gotten one yet
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    I have gotten protein without a scoop when i bought it at a small shop no one knows about, so i stopped that.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member

I've been really wanting one for ages. Just haven't gotten one yet

Oh, go ahead! They are really inexpensive -- try E-Bay. Things to look for: gram and ounce settings and a 'tare' feature.