Help on losing Body fat percentage

Options
I really want to lose my body fat% to 20-22%. I m at present 28%. I have mommy belly which I feel its never going in. My height is 5.4.5" weight is 132lbs. I do weight training (CLX) 3 times a week and cardio 2 times a week. Please someone help me with the info. I really need to eat cleaner I know. How many grams of protein too I have to eat? Any help would be really appreciated :).. Thanks

Replies

• slimtoneneetz
    slimtoneneetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Anyone???????????????
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    BUMP I want to see the opinions...
  • slimtoneneetz
    Options
    I have aleasy done the calculator part and am eating TDEE-20%.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You food dairy isn't open. It's hard to tell you what to do; if no one knows what you do.

I got told yesterday to build lean muscle you should .8-1g of protein per body weight.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    U NEED TO BEING DOING CARDIO EVRYDAY THATS WHAT MAKES U LOSE WEIGHT
    LIFTING IS STRENGTH TRAINING AND DOESNT HELP U LOSE WEIGHT ONLY TONES
    I HAVE LOST 10 PERCENT OF MY BODY WEIGHT - IT TOOK FOR MONTHS- 60 MINUTES OF CARDIO A DAY AND 1800 CALORIESS OR LESS....... STICK TO THE CALORIES THAT U ARE SUPPOSED TO
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I aim for 100g minimum of protein a day.

If you really want it, you should try to up cardio a bit and make sure you are doing weights correctly. A session with a PT might be a good idea. You honestly should be doing weight so that by the 10th rep it's near impossible and your heat rate is really pushing up. Cardio can be improved as well if you try to do more HIIT - high intensity interval training. Jog uphill, do a minute sprint, recover with a minute of slow walking lunges etc etc.

Diet is 80% of it to be honest, so get rid of the processed stuff. I found that cutting out gluten really helped with bloating and my stomach. You can see my pic and I am not big, but a month ago I was apparently just over 30% body fat? I don't trust these machines. I too am trying to reduce my bodyfat and I have found that doing cardio every session, really eating clean (NO CHEAT DAYS) and doing heavy weights 2-3 times a week (one day upper, another lower - you have trouble walking the next day hehe) made the biggest difference.

I have been pretty naughty this week so my progress has gone backwards a little I feel, but I needed the week off and will be back in the game. Don't completely deprive yourself of what you love - you deserve it! And also remember, you might need to eat MORE! I wasn't eating enough and upped it to 1600NET and found this worked much better for me (I'm 5'7 and down to 140lb from about 150lb)

Hope this is kinda helpful :) Stick to MACROS!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    just remember, you know all of these things really. You just need to get the will-power to put it all into action and make time to prepare the healthier meals, get in more exercise and so on. Just make it a priority... I have known all these things for years but I don't know... one day I woke up and decided I wanted to be confident in a bikini this summer! Diet change just meant no gluten and eating a bit less as well as eating more home cooked meals. Exercise wise I just went to the gym, committed, and have gone 5+ days a week ever since!

Make it a priority - it's your health and your life. You'll be happier for it.

Good luck :)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I really want to lose my body fat% to 20-22%. I m at present 28%. I have mommy belly which I feel its never going in. My height is 5.4.5" weight is 132lbs. I do weight training (CLX) 3 times a week and cardio 2 times a week. Please someone help me with the info. I really need to eat cleaner I know. How many grams of protein too I have to eat? Any help would be really appreciated :).. Thanks

I would shoot for at least 1g of protein / pound of body weight. Also, keep with the lifting and add some HIIT cardio. To lose body fat you need to maintain the lean body mass (muscles) that you have; this is where the protein and lifting come in. While you're trying to lose, I wouldn't expect to make many strength gains, just try to keep what you have. When weight is lost at least some of it will be muscle, but by exclusively doing cardio it will be more than if you keep lifting.

Eat protein and don't be afraid of healthy fats
    Lift
    HIIT cardio.
  • KatLifter
    Options
    I HAVE LOST 10 PERCENT OF MY BODY WEIGHT - IT TOOK FOR MONTHS- 60 MINUTES OF CARDIO A DAY AND 1800 CALORIESS OR LESS....... STICK TO THE CALORIES THAT U ARE SUPPOSED TO

No. Please don't listen to this.
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ignore this OP. you need to be doing strength training as well as some cardio. if you don't you when you lose weight it can me LBM which you don't want. followed by 10-20% deficit in calories from your TDEE
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Eat less than daily calorie requirement needs = weight loss

fat loss = weight loss
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later :)
  • KatLifter
    Options
    Eat less than daily calorie requirement needs = weight loss

fat loss = weight loss

Nope. Weight loss is a loss of fat and lean body mass. FAT loss is losing body fat and maintaining muscle.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    easy! everytime you lose weight you lose fat and muscle and fluids..every experienced bodybuilder knows this,,they struggle to maintain muscle while cutting down..the secret to losing bodyfat is to put on as much muscle as possible..while maintaining your body fat:) get it?? proportionally you just lost body fat..now vary your calories at maintenance , under for 500 and over main. for 500
    and then the magic happens!
  • jhstroebel
    jhstroebel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Diet: Eat at a calorie deficit (for weight loss to lose the fat), increase the protein (to sustain lean muscle)

Exercise: a mix of cardio (again for fat loss) and weight/resistance training (to sustain lean muscle)

Its very difficult to put on any real muscle while eating at a weight loss deficit, but your goal is to keep the muscle you have while cutting fat mass. Nutrient timing can be important as well. Eat carbs before your workout and make sure you get a good mix between 3-4:1 Carbs:Protein after your workout ideally in the 30 minutes right after your workout. You can stretch this window out a bit longer if you need, but try and eat soon after your workouts to make the most of the food you're eating.

Other commenters have given you more specific protein targets, and advice, so I just went with a broad summary, hope it helps!
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I agree with an above poster who said to get in a session with a personal trainer because that should make a huge difference. Doing HIIT also should really help too. I find what has worked best for me is sprinting on an uphill incline on the treadmill or running in general has helped. The last thing is to get your food choices in check and cut out processed foods and eat enough while eating the right foods, 1g of protein per 1lb of lbm.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Some say lift more, some say more cardio. I say do whatever you can stick to and you enjoy!! I have lost the majority of my weight by just running and liftin 1-2x a week. I have also recently upped my calories and protein as I plateued for a couple of weeks. Since January 1, 2013, I have dropped almost 45 pounds and went from 28% bf to 20-21%. Eat right and do whatever type of exercise keeps you going!!
  • slimtoneneetz
    Options
    I eat a clorie of 1600-1750 a day. I dont eat back exercise cal. These comments really helped me a lot :)
  • slimtoneneetz
    Options
    So i need to do cardio on weight lifting days to get max results?