Shake Weights

Tats1000
Tats1000 Posts: 36 Member
Was just wondering if anyone ever uses Shake weight dumbells? Apparently you use them for 6 mins a day and it helps get rid of flabby arms. I know im opening myself up to instant criticisms for even being interested in these 'fads' but reviews on amazon are very positive. I wanted to know if any you ever used them.

Replies

• trolling much?
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Ummmm, no.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Please take a video I just want to make sure you are doing it right.
  • BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Big false.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    =) seriously? I mean your question sounds serious, I just.. I can't stop laughing because your question reminds me of the South Park episode...

No the shake weight is a gimicky turd, much the same way that the ab shocker was. To reduce the flab on your arms you have to reduce your bodyfat, and increase the SIZE of your arm muscles, which comes through weight training. Even with weight training, it will be hard for a woman to gain much size at all, so it's a tall order.

=) and at the end of the workout, the shake weight would give encouraging statements, and then spit out change for the bus ride home, and then thank you. ROFL.

The h@ndjob trainer..
    Shake_zpsbe20e120.gif
    It gives you encouraging words like "yes" "that's it" "faster" "just a little longer", then gives you a cooling spray after your workout, and then spits out change for the bus ride home.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    I heard women can't perform that action correctly. (Tongue in Cheek) :laugh:
  • sradams1
    sradams1 Posts: 69 Member
    OK- so I'm a little bit embarraassed to admit that i own it!! I didn't use them long enough to see results though. It was a pretty hard workout though. I just couln't stand the girl in the video. She was just too cheesy and thats what turned me off. But knock yourself out and try it. It couldnt hurt. Good Luck.
  • rob_base
    rob_base Posts: 97
    Shake weights are very good for you

Also I just helped out a nigerian prince and soon I will have a million dollars!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    I think all women should use a shake weight 6 .. no 30 minutes a day. Who am I kidded, 5 tops.

post-10854-Shake-Weight-gifs-9sGI.gif
  • Siege_Tank
    MOAR shake weight GIFs!!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Yes, please, do it. Dooo eeeeeeet!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    zKI9T.gif
  • Siege_Tank
    zKI9T.gif

Can't... Look.... Away...

Homer Simpson: WOOHOO! Look at that blubber fly!!!
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Why spend money on a Shake Weight when you can do push-up variants that work the same muscles through a full range of motion for free?
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Bill is my hero.
  • Kimbles67
    Kimbles67 Posts: 13 Member
    Dont knock it till you try it. Shake weight has now been incorporated into Bokwa and believe me it works and its bloody hard going. And yes at the end of the session we all have a good laugh at the South Park rendition ;-)