NON FOOD REWARDS - NEED SOME IDEAS

Options

Replies

• silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Some things i've used for a reward are: lululemon workout clothes, isobag lunch bag, gym bags, new sneakers, new hairstyle/colour
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    At about 50lb go to Victoria's Secret (or somewhere better) to get refit for new bras and underwear. I "think" that's about where you'll need them. It should also give you a nice confidence boost to be wearing "sexy" underwear.

Actually you should need a new bra after about 25 pounds unless the ones you are wearing are too small to begin with. Underwear as needed, but 10 pounds generally works out to a dress size, so it's hard to believe you won't need new panties after each 20-25 or so lost.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have been adding work out stuff for my rewards

hmmm I have been buying myself fitness stuff for rewards pull up bar, weights, push up bar, latest addition was a HRM but other things I guess it depends on what you like, some people may want a spa day I would rather go-carts and arcade or buy a new video game.
  • maryofthecross26
    Options
    The more weight I lose, the more i found that i really like shopping for clothes. I reward myself every month with buying a new shirt/jeans/dress/ or skirt. I do that because when I go to the store, and try on something and see how big my old size is and how I now fit into a smaller size not only is an awesome reward, but a great motivator. Atleast for me it is. I guess I've gotten quite girlie. I so buy maybe a new nail polish or lipstick.
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    massage
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    For me a new book is a treat, a massage, going to the movies or maybe a weekend away.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    You should get yourself a new 2014 Suzuki Hayabusa ..... And if you don't want to keep it, I can store it, and take care of it, for you, No Problem ......:bigsmile:
  • maryofthecross26
    Options
    I got a charm bracelet for my first ten pounds, and am adding a charm each time I hit another ten. It's beautiful and jangly now - and I can't wait for it to be really full! I wear it a lot....it's a fantastic reminder.

Oh that's an awesome reward! OOh mind if I do that too. I love jewerly and I always wanted a charm bracelet, but never thought about using one for that. It's an awesome idea!
  • breadedshrimp
    Options
    I go by metric system

3 kg -- go for swimming or skating (I have been delaying over time and surprisingly admission fees....lol)

5 kg -- movie night

7 kg -- new pair of shoes

10 kg -- wonderland (theme park in Canada)

13 kg -- I think i would just be happy that I would reached my final goal but why not a bass guitar or a new bike

currently lost 1.6 kg!!
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've told myself I can't get another tattoo until I lose twenty pounds.
  • tameroo2
    tameroo2 Posts: 21
    Options
    i CAN'T WAIT TO HIT 50 POUNDS, CAUSE i GET TO REWARD MYSELF WITH A MASSAGE!!
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    **I edited this to make it easier to read!**

I haven't read everyone else's responses so I hope I'm not doubling up.

I would suggest things like:

-mani/pedi
    -massage
    -new hairdo
    -new workout clothes
    -new tennis shoes
    -new tattoo if your daring
    -new makeup (let yourself go and get a makeover at one of the expensive makeup stores and buy a few of the things they use on you)
    -For your UGW have a vacation or a shopping spree!

GOOD LUCK!
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I like this! I think I'll get a new suit after this summer when I reach my goal of being under 180 [my old ones don't fit anymore] and when I can finally do a pull up I'll get my next tattoo.
  • MizAngie
    MizAngie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've told myself I can't get another tattoo until I lose twenty pounds.

same with me...do you already have your newest tat picked out?
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    When I am 5kg from my goal, I am going to take a couple of days off, buy a plane ticket and fly off home to visit my family and surprise them with my weight loss :). I have Skyped with them, but have made sure to only show my face ;).

When I am at my goal, I am going to go in an isolation tank (which is like heaven for someone like me with hypersensitivity, much better than a massage).
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    If you are like me, the weight came on over a certain amount of time. During that time, you bought a lot of new clothes because the clothes you already had shrank in the wash. >.>

I can't afford to buy a new wardrobe every time my weight goes up or down, so I would break that reward goal down into something smaller. And go through your closet! Arrange all of your clothes by size. Keep a couple of your "fat" clothes for reference, but donate the rest to a local charity.

Every time you hit a mini weight loss goal, go into your closet and see what you can donate away. Then find your favorite clothes in the next size down, and buy yourself 1-2 things to go with them. Got a favorite skirt that you haven't been able to wear for years? Jazz it up with a great new blouse! Got a dress that you remember fondly from that hot date way back when? I bet it would look even better with a new purse!

You can add jewelry, belts (another goal/reward source- watch the notches go down!), shoes, purses, scarves, etc.

Maybe you always wanted to learn how to paint/play the guitar/ride a motorcycle/tango/whatever. Register for a class.

Haven't seen some good friends in a while? Throw a party and invite them all.

Adopt a dog. That's a reward for you and your new family member! Walking him is great exercise for you, and there are way too many wonderful furpeople caged up in animal shelters.
  • AJL437
    AJL437 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I can't really afford to buy new things for the weight loss. Once a month, I post an update on facebook. Getting all the likes and way to gos is a huge motivator and reward. I also go shopping into my closet to see which clothes fit me now. Getting back into those clothes is such a huge reward !
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    Once I finish ..
    Take some self defense classes, maybe martial arts. Idk yet.
    A nice leather jacket and some thigh high leather boots.
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Adopt a dog. That's a reward for you and your new family member! Walking him is great exercise for you, and there are way too many wonderful furpeople caged up in animal shelters.
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    sorry 'bout that. Goofed up the quote.

Our Ramses came from the shelter. Great walking companion for short distances. He can make about two miles and not drag home with his tongue hanging out to the side of his mouth. Even packing water does not solve this/ I have to make my 3 plus mile walks with out him.

Walker, can't have a pet? Want to make a difference? Your local shelter often excepts volunteer dog walkers. Get healthy and do a good turn at the same time.