Weekend food binge

Options
I have found recently that im doing really well with my food and exercise during the week and start to feel like like im actually getting somewhere then the weekend hits and i just go mad with food and drink! Its like somewhere in my head im telling myself weekends dont count....
I started the 30 day shred this week and am determined to see it through to the end as ive seen some amazing results on here so i really need to stop these weekends binges.
Has anyone got any suggestions on how they balance their weekend social life with MFP and tips on how to keep on track?

Replies

• gibsonrv
    gibsonrv Posts: 28
    Options
    I have found recently that im doing really well with my food and exercise during the week and start to feel like like im actually getting somewhere then the weekend hits and i just go mad with food and drink! Its like somewhere in my head im telling myself weekends dont count....
    I started the 30 day shred this week and am determined to see it through to the end as ive seen some amazing results on here so i really need to stop these weekends binges.
    Has anyone got any suggestions on how they balance their weekend social life with MFP and tips on how to keep on track?

Any suggestions as the dreaded weekend starts tomorrow! :-(
  • hammomh
    hammomh Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Depends what you would normally do on the weeked that makes it difficult.

If it is eating out, look at the menus before you go and find the best healthiest option for you and tell yourself that is what you are having so don't look at the menu when you arrive to be tempted by other things

Get your workout done first thing in the morning so you have the rest of the day for you and not thinking oh I need to do this workout later and then making excuses and not getting it done, get it out the way early :)

If you usually would eat out at lunch, eat at home first before you go so your not hungry and tempted by making bad choices

You could always through the week "save" a little of your allowance if you know at the weekend you will need additional calories to use
  • gibsonrv
    gibsonrv Posts: 28
    Options
    thanks :-) yeah its mainly the eating out that gets me, and grabbing a 'quick' sandwich when im out that packed with mayo and god knows what other bad stuff, it amazing where the calories hide!

im going out for lunch with my other halfs family tomorrow so im going to do as suggested and view the menu 1st. I have asked him to make sure i dont go off track etc too

i will also do the workouts 1st thing as im prone to putting it off then it doesnt get done at the weekend

thanks for your suggestions!