Anyone else with PCOS trying to lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• missa3428
    missa3428 Posts: 114
    Options
    I have PCOS and have lost 188 pounds to date (with another 35 pounds to go).. :)

WOW!!! WAY TO GO!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I had PCOS from age 15 - 25. It got really bad after age 20. I started Metformin which I ended up being allergic to. It made me violently ill. I did some research and started taking SPIRONOLACTIN. I took it for a year and a half and my ab scans showed that all the cysts had disappeared. I stopped taking it after two years. My last ab scan was still clear. It has been two years since I stopped taking the pills and I have had no symptoms or cysts come back.

Ask your doctor about it. It might help you like it helped me.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and find it difficult to lose weight on the medication

I have about 10kg left to go
  • roxy_babya2
    roxy_babya2 Posts: 31
    Options
    I had PCOS from age 15 - 25. It got really bad after age 20. I started Metformin which I ended up being allergic to. It made me violently ill. I did some research and started taking SPIRONOLACTIN. I took it for a year and a half and my ab scans showed that all the cysts had disappeared. I stopped taking it after two years. My last ab scan was still clear. It has been two years since I stopped taking the pills and I have had no symptoms or cysts come back.

Ask your doctor about it. It might help you like it helped me.

Thanks for that info. Metformin didn't help me either so I will ask my doctor about this!
  • aedmu01
    aedmu01 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have pcos. Just had lap band 4 days ago in hopes of helping with fertility issues...already have one beautiful son...struggling with this new change but longer life and a healthy life is worth it all. They say if you lose all the weight, your symptoms go away...anyone else heard that?
  • eveshamgal
    eveshamgal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all, i have had PCOS for years and also Type 2 diabetes. Findin it so hard to lose weight. I have started a low carb diet and have just started a couch to 5k fitness plan
  • xxDanixxx
    xxDanixxx Posts: 2
    Options
    I have had PCOS for years. I am really struggling with my weight. If anything I end up putting more on!

I am at my biggest ever and I am miserable. People don't seem to realise just how hard it is.

I'd love people to add me, I don't have many friends on here and would love some support from those struggling too xx
  • SophiaGeeves
    SophiaGeeves Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and am having a hard time droping the weight, although I have lost inches. I'd join your group, for sure!
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in for a PCOS group!
  • mamisulita
    mamisulita Posts: 1
    Options
    I have PCOS and I would like to be added as well. Just recently started taking my Metformin!