A must try!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Hey,

I am a fan of many of the Amy's products. I am not vegan or even vegetarian but they have a lot of interesting and filling (not to mention convenient) foods that are lower in fat and calories.

My absolute favorite of the meals is the Mexican Tamale Pie. I am addicted!! I have it for lunch at least once (if not more) a week. And each pie is only 150 calories and 3 g fat, 4 g fiber and 5 g protein. I usually add other things to it like a yogurt, fruit, etc. And you will be FULL!!

Just wanted to share!

Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Hey,

I am a fan of many of the Amy's products. I am not vegan or even vegetarian but they have a lot of interesting and filling (not to mention convenient) foods that are lower in fat and calories.

My absolute favorite of the meals is the Mexican Tamale Pie. I am addicted!! I have it for lunch at least once (if not more) a week. And each pie is only 150 calories and 3 g fat, 4 g fiber and 5 g protein. I usually add other things to it like a yogurt, fruit, etc. And you will be FULL!!

Just wanted to share!

Tami
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Just wanted to share!

Tami

Is that a popular item that you can get anywhere? I saw Amy's in my local Food Lion and didn't really think much of the products because they are in the Organic section of the market. I might have to check out the product line. Are they expensive?, and are most of the products low in calories and high in taste?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey,

Just wanted to share!

Tami

It just depends really, you just have to read the labels. I know the Mexican Tamale Pie and the Shepards Pie are low in calories and fat....and I am usually able to find them for a little over $2.00.

Some of the Amy's products are higher but still good for you. It just depends on how many calories you have to work with for each meal, etc. BUT, I do find them high in fiber and protein, so it keeps me satisfied.

I am able to find them in any grocery store in the "healthy foods" area.

Is that a popular item that you can get anywhere? I saw Amy's in my local Food Lion and didn't really think much of the products because they are in the Organic section of the market. I might have to check out the product line. Are they expensive?, and are most of the products low in calories and high in taste?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey,

Just wanted to share!

Tami

It just depends really, you just have to read the labels. I know the Mexican Tamale Pie and the Shepards Pie are low in calories and fat....and I am usually able to find them for a little over $2.00.

Some of the Amy's products are higher but still good for you. It just depends on how many calories you have to work with for each meal, etc. BUT, I do find them high in fiber and protein, so it keeps me satisfied.

I am able to find them in any grocery store in the "healthy foods" area.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Amy's are (typically) not super low in calories - I would say each meal is between 300-400 calories, however they are all organic, vegetarian (some vegan) and very filling! I only buy Amy's frozen food (or other organic frozen meals) since the standard frozen meals (Lean Cruisine, etc.) are like eating cardboard (IMO) and have a ton of preservations and sodium. Amy's is lower in sodium, and high in fiber.

I am a foodie, so I relish eating QUALITY food over quanity. I tend to buy prepared food if the ingredients are in plain English, but have started enjoying making my own food at home from scratch.

It took a long time to shift my mindset from shoveling food down without chewing, to enjoying a reasonable portion of well flavored food/wine - but I'm getting there... *smile*
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options