Think I now want it bad enough...

Options
sadiebrawl
sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
Hello boards. I've been poking around the past few days and these boards seem to be very supportive and informative. So decided to start here. A little about me. I'm a mom who works outside of the home of 2 young children who is tired of being tired. I was doing well a year or so ago. I had lost just about 30 pounds. I got diagnosed with skin cancer about year and half ago (I'm fine!), but I feel like I stopped caring so much about eating healthy. I still worked out a lot, but the diet went out the window for the most part. When I got that diagnoses, a lot changed in me mentally and it's taken a while to get used to it even though I'm fine. It makes you look at life a bit differently, makes you look inside yourself, and also makes you think about life A LOT.

I would like to get back to where I was a year and half ago and continue losing to better my health and to fit in my clothes again.

Couple questions, any good place to start? I've been using the app for a while just to track calories and food, but seems like there is so much more to use on the site.

Seems like a lot of people add each other so it must be safe? I usually only friend people on apps that I know. But seems like you all add each other, any tips on that from people who have been on here a while?

Thanks and looking forward to using this site more!

Replies

• soontobemrsrees
    Options
    I'm new and have been adding people. As far as I can make out it seems fine. I would maybe be a bit concerned if it was out of the blue. Everyone seems to be genuine with the same goals.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have made some great friends here. The only information that is available is what you allow. But my page and diary are open to everyone. Don't worry. :)
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I read a few success stories a day. It helps me see what is working for people. Usually it's a combination of calorie deficit and lifting throughout the week. Or some other activity.

The best advice I got was getting a scale to weigh my food. If you don't have one, it is probably THEE best tool. Not only to measure your food with, but to put you in the mentality of watching your portions and realizing all those calories add up here and there.