Tanning??

Options
13»

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I'm Italian with olive skin. I easily tan.
    I refuse to lay out or lay in a tanning bed. Every SINGLE day I wear sun block on any exposed area of skin. I do not like being tan, and skin caner is sooo preventible. It will also wreck your tattoos.

I like my pale skin.

I am from NJ - you know G.T.L is a way of life and just don't.

I think we're the only two Italians that actively avoid the sun. Cheers fellow sun avoider! :drinker:
  • vidasana87
    vidasana87 Posts: 75
    Options
    For most, I imagine it is to strive for that "exotic" look.

For me, it clears up my skin.

Jenny
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I look and feel better with a tan and it also helps tighten up loose skin.

Er...if anything, tanning eventually loosens skin by giving you wrinkles in the long run.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Start tanning every year around March in preparation for for Spring and Summer Motorcycle runs and vacation.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I look healthier (and thinner) with a tan.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My pale white isn't pretty. Tends to be more of a marbled purplish hue. Plus I suffer from SAR so the vitamin D helps with that. I just started tanning (spring only; which is VERY short in Texas) in the past 5 years so it hasn't given me the usual "leather skin" look yet that comes with the territory.

Basically it makes me feel more alive with a little color. :bigsmile:
  • ori973
    ori973 Posts: 2
    Options
    Because everyone looks better with a tan
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I tan easily and I like being outside as much as possible. I also run almost everyday at lunch when the sun is directly overhead so it would be hard not to be tanned. And I'm one of only like four people in the entire Pacific NW that has a healthy vitamin D level ;-)
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I like not having a tan and not having wrinkles :drinker:
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm both native american and irish, so without tanning I get very, VERY pale (To the point of seeing veins everywhere XD ). but when I spend just a few hours in the sun I turn a dark, dark tan. I don't care much for tans, but I've heard a lot of people say I look better tan, but I prefer pale skin myself. So in short, I think it's all about self preference.
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I used to tan because I think I look better tan but I develop moles way too easily so no more tanning for me! :grumble:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    jersey-shore-quick-spray-tan.gif
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm part Irish and part Native American, so when I go out in the sun my skin just kinda goes "OMG OMG OMG WHAT DO I DO" and then just freckles instead. But when I go in the sun for a prolonged period of time I wear sunscreen because I value my skin and youthfulness. Tanning ages you faster.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't tan, and I don't try to tan. It's too dangerous. Tan skin Is damaged skin.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I live in Arizona. I am tan.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I guess I need to move to Japan. Personally, it makes me cringe when I see white people trying to get darker I can just hear the melanoma developing and the beautiful wrinkles popping out. Theres a reason you have white skin and it's not meant to be burnt. I dont understand the fascination we tell darker skinned people to be more white, but yet we whiteys seek to look like an old piece of chewed leather. Personally, I dont mind being blinding white peaches and cream or strawberry shortcake as some guy called me the other day, LOL!