Numbers Don't Matter - NSV

Options
MomOfRose
MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
I don't post here often because I have my own blog, but I wanted to share my own little NSV.

A little backstory: In the past 5 weeks I've gained 3 pounds, but lost nearly 9 inches all around. I can't see a difference yet when I look in the mirror and I don't feel like my clothes are fitting any differently. But I can see a change in my progress pictures.

Ul7qyNX.jpg?1

MC6YojQ.jpg?1

On my blog today, I wrote this:

"I posted yesterday that I was finally seeing some real progress in my pictures, but the scale is very slowly showing a loss. And while I'm losing inches, my clothes don't seem to be fitting any better than before. But today I put on a pair of pants that fit better than my usual slacks.

And here I offer a lesson to all who are trying to lose weight: NUMBERS DON'T MATTER! I'm not talking numbers on the scale. I'm talking clothing sizes, in particular dresses and pants. Almost all of my jeans and slacks are from one "designer:" Apt. 9 from Kohl's. They tend to fit my mommy hips better than any other brand and don't really look like "mommy jeans."

Whenever a friend is complaining about their pants size going up, I always tell them not to worry about the number, just the fit. And here's why: the pants I'm wearing today are 1 "size" larger than what I've been wearing. Designers are always messing with the number sizes of their clothes to keep up with the "average" waistline.

So today I'm wearing a pair of tan dress pants that are a size 12. I'm losing inches, losing fat and I've gone up a size in my pants. But these size 12 pants from 2 years ago are the equivalent of this year's size 10 pants.

So forget the number sewn onto the back of your waistline. Go for what fits, feels good and looks good.

Because in the end, that's all that really matters."

If you want to read my blog, SingleMomSanctuary.com

Replies

• longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    sometimes, i'm so glad i'm a guy...34 inches is still 34 inches (snicker snicker, ;-) thinking of a guy's view of 6" can possible vary, in reality prolly closer to 5") and when i fit into a 29, i will know i made it down to a 29 not a 31!
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    INTERESTING!
    Yes it really is all about achieving optimal health and along the way as we are mindful of our intake and activity, the #'s will likely change:smile:
    Carry on:flowerforyou:

love longtimeterp comment about a 29 being a 29 forever!
  • jesgaa
    jesgaa Posts: 17
    Options
    100% agree and would like to add that scale numbers don't mean much either. Muscle weighs more than fat and that's something to keep in mind when you're watching that scale go up and down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!