Starting crunches and situps today 5/9...anyone else in?

Options
2»

Replies

• ssaintamand
    Options
    It was so great seeing all of you in tonight...it seems like a good start to get back into excercising without burning myself out like I did when I went to the gym. I need to lose 30 pounds and this is the start of it. It helps so much to have a support system although alot of you sound like you are in great shape...I can only hope I have the will power to keep it going. I quit the gym over a year and a half ago and now I am ready to try to exercise at home after putting my little one to sleep and although exhausted after a hard day at the office and being a mom when I get home, I found it in me to do this tonight. Then to look online and see all of you here...very nice to have a support team with this.

Thanks everyone...I hope you all stick with it...and tighten that tummy up alot:)

For me, I just want to stop not wanting to be in my daughters pictures...i want her to have the memories of us, but I need to lose the weight so I don't look so badly in the photos. My metabolism has slowed down alot over the years so everything I eat goes straight to my butt, chin and thighs:( At least now I can keep an eye on what I am eating and be so aware of how many calories I am taking in. I really do love this program although I miss here and there...I still really like it and hope I can really get to the point of controlling my eating and exercising to get to that 30 pounds lost point.
  • niightwindz
    niightwindz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am in! :) I'll do my first day...right now.
  • skjsd
    skjsd Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm so in!
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I lack abs of steel and this could help with that. haha. I'm in.

I'm also doing the 30 day crunches. so I'll just do both. I could use a good leg and ab challenge.

Kick some butt guys and gals!
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Not to burst your bubbles- I love challenges!- but crunches and sit-ups are kind of a waste of time. Better off having a squat/lunge challenge to target bigger muscle groups. Or a burpee challenge for cardio!
    If you MUST do abs, try a plank challenge for to target your whole core and arms, which helps with posture and combating *desk slump"!

Crunches and sit-ups do NOTHING to flatten your stomach. If you already have a flat stomach and want definition, a clean diet and full-body strength workouts (including core stability like planks) are still the way to go. A friend of mine is a personal trainer and a bikini competitor with like an 8 pack. She stopped doing crunches 2 years ago and her stomach got flatter and her waist got SO much narrower- turns out working her obliques made her much wider!
  • ssaintamand
    Options
    I will add lunges and squats too. I am determined...thank you for that.
  • lorigirls2
    lorigirls2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Sure sounds good and will also do the squates and lunges too :smile:
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I read an article that air bikes, reverse crunches, and jackknife crunches were much more effective than plain situps and crunches. I can't remember where the article is. If I can find it, I will post it here. Good job for doing something however.

This

I agree completely.
    Pushups, planks (3 minutes non stop), captain chair, bridges, etc have been more helpful to me.

Good luck in your journey
  • kzslucas
    kzslucas Posts: 6
    Options
    YEP! As soon as I get the kids to sleep tonight I'll start!
  • ssaintamand
    Options
    This 2nd nite was very hard but I did it...My 6yo took along time to get to sleep so I did it but it was late...I hope that makes it count just as much. Anyways, friends from work said it gets easier after the 2nd week...I sure felt it today at work so I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow too but that is ok...if it is going to help me get to losing 30, I am doin it and doing my best to stick with it.

Hope you all stuck with it too even though it was Friday...I even did the lunges and squats along with the situps and crunches. I'm determined...come on people, I need my support group still...hope you are all still with me on this.
  • ssaintamand
    Options
    Day 1.... 20 crunches/situps- Done
    Day 2.... 25 crunches/situps- Done (tough one, but done:)
    Day 3.... 30 crunches/situps-
    Day 4... Rest-
    Day 5... 40 crunches/situps-
    Day 6... 45 crunches/situps-
    Day 7... 50 crunches/situps-
    Day 8... Rest-
    Day 9... 60 crunches/situps-
    Day 10... 65 crunches/situps-
    Day 11... 70 crunches/situps-
    Day 12... Rest-
    Day 13... 80 crunches/situps-
    Day 14... 90 crunches/situps-
    Day 15... 95 crunches/situps-
    Day 16... Rest-
    Day 17... 100 crunches/situps-
    Day 18... 105 crunches/situps-
    Day 19... 110 crunches/situps-
    Day 20... Rest-
    Day 21... 115 crunches/situps-
    Day 22... 120 crunches/situps-
    Day 23... 125 crunches/situps-
    Day 24... Rest-
    Day 25... 130 crunches/situps-
    Day 26... 135 crunches/situps-
    Day 27... 140 crunches/situps-
    Day 28... Rest-
    Day 29... 145 crunches/situps-
    Day 30... 150 crunches/situps-
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    why? you'll have better success doing compound exercises like dead lifts.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Done
    Day 3 Done.
    I use a 15lb weight
  • ssaintamand
    Options
    Day 3.... 30 crunches/situps- Done ...another late night doing this...but done...I am really feeling it in my belly now...so glad tomorrow being sunday is a rest day:)
    Day 4... Rest- ahhhhh....need this:)
    Day 5... 40 crunches/situps-
    Day 6... 45 crunches/situps-
    Day 7... 50 crunches/situps-
    Day 8... Rest-
    Day 12... Rest-
    Day 16... Rest-
    Day 20... Rest-
    Day 24... Rest-
    Day 28... Rest-
  • jenndugas7
    jenndugas7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So far, so good. Bring on day 5!
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Not to burst your bubbles- I love challenges!- but crunches and sit-ups are kind of a waste of time. Better off having a squat/lunge challenge to target bigger muscle groups. Or a burpee challenge for cardio!
    If you MUST do abs, try a plank challenge for to target your whole core and arms, which helps with posture and combating *desk slump"!

Crunches and sit-ups do NOTHING to flatten your stomach. If you already have a flat stomach and want definition, a clean diet and full-body strength workouts (including core stability like planks) are still the way to go. A friend of mine is a personal trainer and a bikini competitor with like an 8 pack. She stopped doing crunches 2 years ago and her stomach got flatter and her waist got SO much narrower- turns out working her obliques made her much wider!

This, there's no need to go through crunch hell.
  • FindingHeaven4me
    Options
    All in it to win it! lol
  • ssaintamand
    Options
    Day 3.... 30 crunches/situps- Done ...another late night doing this...but done...I am really feeling it in my belly now...so glad tomorrow being sunday is a rest day:)
    Day 4... Rest- ahhhhh....need this:)
    Day 5... 40 crunches/situps- Done
    Day 6... 45 crunches/situps- Done
    Day 7... 50 crunches/situps- Done
    Day 8... Rest- Yeah!!!
    Day 12... Rest-
    Day 16... Rest-
    Day 20... Rest-
    Day 24... Rest-
    Day 28... Rest-
  • vivian1616
    vivian1616 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting, but I have been on track every day since I started. Day 8...much needed rest day. :)