Strength Training Question

Options
bekah818
bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
The other day I had an intense kettlebell work out, I targeted my whole body, but I really focused on my legs. I did different sets of lunges and squats holding 25lbs, and walked 5 miles right after. The next day, my lower body (leggs and butt) were very sore. It's been two days, and I've continued to workout, but because I was sore, I took the focus off my legs and just did other workouts. I want to do kettlebells again tonight and basically do everything I did before targeting my legs. I just don't want to do more damage than good..My question is should those strenuous strength training type of exercises be done only once a week? I'm still a little sore, but I feel like I could push through it anyway, but I don't want to do it if I'm not doing myself any good, make sense?

I do a lot of strength training combined with cardio, I work out 5 days a week for 1.5 to 2 hrs.. I just want to lose weight, cut body fat, and be more toned. But I want to do it right! Feedback please? Thanks ;)

Replies

• MadisonLeo
    MadisonLeo Posts: 89
    Options
    I usually do Kettlebell training 2-3 times per week. I do heavy weights (70lbs) legs once a week. It is not a bad thing to work thru soreness as long as you gave your muscles that you worked a day off to heal in between.

If you are doing 50+ lbs I would say once a week. Once you continue doing the kettlebells you will build up endurance to do it 2-3 times per week.

It is a fact that from now on you will be sore somewhere just about every day as long as you keep working out and building new muscle. It's a good thing.
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I usually do Kettlebell training 2-3 times per week. I do heavy weights (70lbs) legs once a week. It is not a bad thing to work thru soreness as long as you gave your muscles that you worked a day off to heal in between.

If you are doing 50+ lbs I would say once a week. Once you continue doing the kettlebells you will build up endurance to do it 2-3 times per week.

It is a fact that from now on you will be sore somewhere just about every day as long as you keep working out and building new muscle. It's a good thing.

Thanks!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    You only need about 48 hours between beatings to allow your muscles to recover.