2 Years on MFP, 81 lbs. Gone *Pictures*

omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
Just a quick post on my 2 year MFP anniversary. I have followed the MFP guidelines for the last 2 years. I eat back ALL my exercise calories. I lost my first 30 lbs. just eating at a deficit. Then I started walking. In March of 2012, I started C25K. I have completed multiple 5Ks, a 10K, and a half marathon. I know work out about 6 days a week. I run, walk, bike, and strength train. I've gone (while on MFP) from a size 18W to a size 8 (at my all time high, I was a size 22W). I don't eat clean, but I certainly eat better than I used to. I have lost 81 lbs. in total. I am a slow loser. I have PCOS and Hashimoto's and I like my food LOL.

Just yesterday, I tried on a pair of shorts and found them slightly too small. A little too tight and the pockets gaped. I was disappointed...until I realized I accidentally ordered a size 6 instead of the 8 I intended to order!

I have another 15 to 20 lbs. to go and it's going VERY slowly. But, I'm losing inches and body fat due to my strength training. I net the dreaded '1200' but eat anywhere from 1400 to 2800 a day depending on my workouts. I have had my metabolism tested at a lab and netting 1200 has not affected it (My RMR tested at about 10% higher than all the online estimators).

And a couple of pictures:
i-DprdD6t-M.jpgi-PmC5W8K-M.jpg

i-HDFrMfK-Th.jpgi-zGcBgMC-S.jpg

i-4hbcv6v-S.jpg

Replies

• bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    WOO HOO! You look amazing:smile: and those arms - nice work:flowerforyou:
  • misssalley
    misssalley Posts: 12
    YAYE! Congrats, thats a great accomplishment!
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Your hard working is paying off, you look great. Thanks for the inspiration!! :happy:
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Wow, you look sooooo familiar, but I know that I don't know you. :)

You look Amazing, your starting size and ending size are exactly what I want to do. This is good to know.

I'm still being stubborn and not wanting to put in 6 days a week though :sad:

Very inspirational. Way to go Hi5!!
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    thistimewillbedifferent Posts: 217 Member
    wow, you look FANTASTIC. those arms are truly inspirational!!! congratulations and thanks for sharing!
  • omma_to_3
    Wow, you look sooooo familiar, but I know that I don't know you. :)

You look Amazing, your starting size and ending size are exactly what I want to do. This is good to know.

I'm still being stubborn and not wanting to put in 6 days a week though :sad:

Very inspirational. Way to go Hi5!!

When I started with walking, I was only working out 3 days a week. I gradually upped that amount. Over this past winter, I was only averaging 4 days a week. I was training for a half marathon though, so one of those days would typically be an 8+ mile run. Now that the weather is warmer, I'm averaging 6 days a week, but some days are as lite as a 30 minute walk. And some days, my workout is spending an hour playing Wii just dance with the kids!

I'm currently running 2 days a week (3 to 5 miles), biking once or twice a week, strength training twice a week (once in a class and once with a trainer). Some weeks I'll walk instead of one of my other cardio forms.
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Wow!!!! You look amazing! Congratulations!!!! I am just starting- and finally down to an 18W but cannot wait to get to a size 8 like you! Inspirational!!
  • RCMPWannaBe
    RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
    Holy crow! You look amazing!
  • Fantastic!
  • spoarch21
    spoarch21 Posts: 7 Member
    Great job and great encouragement. I also have Hashimoto's and have used that as an excuse to "not be able" to lose. I guess you have proven that theory wrong so I am more excited than ever to do this thing. Keep up the great work and thanks for posting.
  • pokybear12
    pokybear12 Posts: 2 Member
    what do you do for strength training? Do you have a trainer? Do you do circuit training? Do you take any drink mix stuff?
  • omma_to_3
    Great job and great encouragement. I also have Hashimoto's and have used that as an excuse to "not be able" to lose. I guess you have proven that theory wrong so I am more excited than ever to do this thing. Keep up the great work and thanks for posting.

I'm currently wondering if that's hampering my last 20 lbs. My TSH has been on the rise again so I expect my meds will be adjusted in July when I see my endo! It doesn't help us, but it doesn't have to stop us either!
  • beetpoet
    beetpoet Posts: 63 Member
    Terrific! Thanks so much for the inspiration and beautiful pics. I am so impressed.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    You have done an amazing job!! Congratulations :)
  • omma_to_3
    what do you do for strength training? Do you have a trainer? Do you do circuit training? Do you take any drink mix stuff?

I take a body sculpting class once a week. It uses TRX bands, body weight exercises, and hand weights. I also meet with a personal trainer once a week to do more intense strength training. Free weights, kettle bells, TRX body weight stuff. Not 'heavy lifting' per se, but we'll get there eventually.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Wow the difference is mind blowing. You are an inspiration!
  • well done :)
  • Drsamera
    Drsamera Posts: 1 Member
    OH my god!!!! you're an inspiration I wish you could talk to my sister!!!
  • omma_to_3
    Thanks all!

And in case you're wondering, my chest did not completely disappear. The pics in the green dress are a bit deceiving. I went from a 42G to a 36DD. I think I'll end up at a 34DD when I'm done.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    congrats, amazing progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!