LCHF Low Carb High Fat

Options

Replies

• eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have been eating this way since 1/17/2013. I have taken it a step further by weighing my food and counting calories.
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Love this link. :drinker:
    It was one of the first places I went when I went on my research of the Ketogenic diet, which is Low Carb, High Fat.
    Thanks for the info! :smile:

ETA: Anyone that's interested in low carb, can feel free to add/message me! :bigsmile: My diary is open! And even if you're not interested and just want a new friend! I love new people and enjoy the company, support and motivation!
    Good luck to all! :drinker:
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    That was one of the first sites that got me hooked too, along with http://nuclearfuzzgrunge.com/tlcm/
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Love this link. :drinker:
    It was one of the first places I went when I went on my research of the Ketogenic diet, which is Low Carb, High Fat.
    Thanks for the info! :smile:

ETA: Anyone that's interested in low carb, can feel free to add/message me! :bigsmile: My diary is open! And even if you're not interested and just want a new friend! I love new people and enjoy the company, support and motivation!
    Good luck to all! :drinker:

Ditto! LOL!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    In the first 8 months I cut carbs way back and increased fat and fatty meat my cholesterol and triglycerides dropped 30%, no longer high, and my blood sugar came down from pre-diabetic to well inside the normal range.

Most health professionals think the list of food I eat is what I cut out to lower the numbers that much.
    Cheerios only claims that it helps lower by 3% in combination with "diet and exercise."

My sister said it must have been the exercise. But I told her the drop occurred before I started adding exercise. I swam some but not as much as I did after the first 8 months.

Gary Taubes has done extensive writing on this subject as well.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Lollercopter that site is about as full of nonsense as marksdailyapple
  • emhos671
    emhos671 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • p3r3z74
    p3r3z74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started my diet yesterday... so far I'm eating good. Except I will miss the sweets! thanks to all who comment on this site. It re assures me Im on the right track
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I just started my diet yesterday... so far I'm eating good. Except I will miss the sweets! thanks to all who comment on this site. It re assures me Im on the right track

Took about three weeks to stop craving sweets for me.
    Something I read that helps as well is rinse the mouth well after eating.
    I'll occasionally indulge in a few extra carbs. A brownie once ina while. Gluten free crackers with aged cheddar.
    But I watch my total percentage more than the absolute grams.
    When my carbs creep up, my weight loss stalls regardless the calorie count.
    High sodium foods throw a monkey in the wrench too. Causes a nasty spike in water weight. Chinese food is a great offender in that realm. But at least that is temporary.