Anyone have a good turkey meatloaf recipe?

Options
2»

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I don't measure, but every time I make it, everybody wants more. So everything is a guesstimate.

2lb Jennie O' Ground Turkey
    3- celery stalks chopped (helps with keeping it moist)
    1- small onion
    1 tsp minced garlic
    2 tbsp cajon seasoning
    2 tsp of ground cuman
    1 tbsp sea salt
    1 tbsp of black peppercorn
    2 tbsp of Chipotle Chile
    3 tbsp of honey dijon mustard really helps keep it moist because of the turkey & is kick *kitten* anyway)
    cup or so of bread crumbs

400 degrees for 40 minutes
    If you put into muffin tin liners you get 12 individual servings, perfect little instant protein snack.
    149 calories, 6g of carbs, 6g fat, 17g protein, 1 g fiber
  • gamagem
    gamagem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    16 oz 93% Ground Turkey
    1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
    1/4 cup Italian panko bread crumbs
    1 packet herb ox no sodium beef broth
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1 egg
    Sprinkle Garlic and Onion powder over the mix (a layer)
    Double layer cover the mix with chili powder
    Make into a loaf
    Cook @ 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or 165 degrees

It's delicious and easy.
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I have my old reliable recipe with peppers, parmesan cheese, etc., but I'm wanting to experiment with something else and try something new.

Thanks!

Spice up your old recipe by wrapping it in lower sodium bacon. Bacon wrapped meatloaf = yum!
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This is not only the best turkey meatloaf I've ever tried, but it is quite possibly my favorite meatloaf recipe of any kind, ever. Slightly adapted from Allrecipes.com:

Ingredients

1/4 cup quinoa
    1/2 cup stock
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 small onion, chopped
    4 large cloves garlic, chopped
    2 medium carrots, chopped
    1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (Sriracha is good)
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    2 eggs
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Glaze:
    2 tablespoons ketchup
    2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions

Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F.

Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, and carrots; cook and stir until the vegetables have softened and turned translucent, about 8 minutes; remove from heat to cool; pulse briefly in food processor.

Stir the turkey, cooked quinoa, onions, tomato paste, hot sauce, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. The mixture will be very moist. Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking sheet. (Note: do NOT bake this in a loaf pan, or you'll get a soupy mess.)

Combine the ketchup, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire in a small bowl. Spoon the glaze over the top of the meatloaf.

Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, 50-60 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let the meatloaf cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

NOMNOMNomNomnomnom. Seriously.
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bump for great ideas
  • krisbox2014
    krisbox2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I made this one the other night and it was really good.

http://www.inspiredtaste.net/21535/unbelievably-moist-turkey-meatloaf-recipe/

I subbed the ketchup for 2 TB tomato paste and didn't put any on the top, and the panko for 1/4 cup quinoa flour (what I had on hand), and since no panko- didn't need the milk. Also, just cause I had it in the fridge, I threw a handful of basil into the mix.

Even the hubs and 6 yr old liked it!
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/twice-cooked-turkey-meatloaf-recipe.html

I use regular sundried tomatoes and add 1 tbsp Italian seasoning and a few cloves of minced garlic.