Today my NSV became a SV =D

Options
I recently moved country and felt now was the right time to make some good changes to my lifestyle. I have been trying to eat better, with specific focuses on eating fresh foods (including more fruit), and trying to hit targets for fiber, iron, sodium and protien. I have also been trying out jogging and have found I really like it. When I first started jogging I could barely do 4 minutes at a time and now I can jog for 30 minutes.

I have been using a tape measure as my only measure as my new house doesn't have a scale. I was kinda bummed because last time I measured my measurements were bigger and I thought that meant I hadn't lost any weight since the last time I measured. I have spent the past two weeks telling myself even if I don't lose any weight I am still eating better and exercising so I am still getting healthier.

Today I was at the Doctors (to get tests so I can get my visa) and there was a scale. I almost didn't get on it but I am very glad I did because I lost 5kgs since late March!! :) Totally put a smile on my face all day.

I have been carrying around those extra 5kgs since 2009! With the loss of those 5kgs I am now no longer "obese", and I am down into Onederland (this seemed like a silly expression till I hit it). Even though 5kgs isn't much in the grand scheme of how much I have to lose I feel so much more empowered to keeping on track!

Would love to hear others little SV or NSV that made a big impact