not eating enough calories??

Options
2»

Replies

• csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

you would be correct my children eat way more than I do, which I'm well aware is not a good thing, but my children also don't have the medical issues I do. I was simply trying to find out what the repercussions of not eating the normal amount was. I guess I'm just confused because my calorie intake has been the same for at least a year but I'm not under weight, I'm overweight. I'm just trying to figure out what deal is. I was given some kind of drink by my doctor to add calories, so I suppose that will help. But if I eat more than I already am I feel like I just took to many trips to the buffet :S
    [/quote]

By eating too few calories you have caused you metabolism to nearly come to a halt. I underate and overexercised, lost a ton of weight and it started to come back. Couldn't understand why. Went to doctors and said my metabolism is broken - they didn't help me. This site has.
    Also, someone else pointed this out - the idea isn't to eat as few calories as possible. It's to do it in a healthy way that you can maintain. You don't need to starve to lose weight.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Long term low cal diets will damage your metabolism. My mom did for years and lost her hair. Calories are not the enemy. Providing a healthy amount of calories will give you energy and promote your overall health.

Obviously what you are doing is not working. I would increase gradually. I think it is a rare scenario when a dietician would recommend eating below your BMR.

Good luck.