My Introduction

Mandee_N
Mandee_N Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all! My name is Mandee, and I've been working on my weight since January. On January 14, I bought a scale. On January 15, I sat on my bathroom floor crying, looking at that number that was closer to 300 pounds than I ever was. I would look at other heavy people and say, "It's OK...because I'm not nearly as big as they are!" but then I realized that yes, I probably *was* as big as they were, I just didn't see it.

Since January, I have lost 21 pounds. Since joining My Fitness Pal just over a month ago, I have lost 7 pounds (as of this morning). In the last 36 days, I have learned quite a bit. I can still enjoy pizza. I can still have a spoonful of frosting. I just can't go overboard. I'm not going to deny myself anything. I am just going to be proud of what I'm doing, and what I accomplish *today*. Daris, from the Biggest Loser, said it best. "I will do my best to make you proud, and I will make myself proud, too!" That's all that matters...that I make myself proud.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better! Keep up the great work on your journeys!!!

Replies

• KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Congratulations on your success. I too just started today at 173 and am 5.2. Just found a great exercise site and it is free at www.pauleugene.com and I love it cause he is so SUPER energetic, positive and keeps you exercising and wanting to remain exercising. Get his free exercises on www.youtube.com and just type in paul eugene and watch his very easy to do videos. I was sweating like crazy with just the warm up. Much success to you from commmit2change@aol.com .
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Hi mandee, welcome. I too got on a scale one day and without really thinking about it or facing the reality of what I had done to myself; hit my highest weight of 270Lbs. I dieted for about 10 mos and lost about 60Lbs. I lost all focus on "dieting" when my family went through some personal hard times and ended up gaining about 15Lbs. back.
    This time around I told myself that I was not dieting, that I would enjoy the food's of life and learn how to eat. Oh I new how to eat alright, but this time I am going to learn How to eat RIGHT. I have taken the same approach as you and when I want chips, I eat chips. I go buy a LITTLE bag and enjoy them and then I count every single calorie and work it off. I never reward myself with food, I punish my self with a work out( I never thought I would say this) a work out that I am starting to enjoy. I feel that I have been successful allowing myself a little goody here and there. Sometimes I actually find myself mindlessly(SP) making better choices. I am not here to diet per say, but I am to be accountable to me and lwarn how to actually eat what my body NEEDS. I wish you all the best Mandee and I totally believe in you. This is all about you!
    all My best.
  • DAKTHREE
    DAKTHREE Posts: 52
    Hi Mandee,

Glad to see you on myfitnesspal:) Sounds like you are already moving in the right direction. Keep up the good work:)

Gail
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    On January 14, I bought a scale. On January 15, I sat on my bathroom floor crying, looking at that number that was closer to 300 pounds than I ever was. I would look at other heavy people and say, "It's OK...because I'm not nearly as big as they are!" but then I realized that yes, I probably *was* as big as they were, I just didn't see it.

So... this was me today... a little lighter (probably because I'm a shortie!) but still... ugh. I am proud of all the work you have done! One thing I learned last time I lost some weight (and gained it all back plus some) is that changes (and weight loss) add up little by little... and to stick with it! I know you will get to where you want to be. :) I'm glad to see an intro from you!
This discussion has been closed.