For all the people freaking out about Abercrombie...

Options
13»

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Instead of joining the group of sad and angry fatties that can't buy XL's, why not use it as motivation to push yourself into better shape?

How about we aim for a medium instead of being content with XL?

I think plenty of us would rather move from XL to XXL

I'd love for my chest to fill out an XL, but then again, broad chested men aren't the majority getting angry over this situation.
    It's those who don't want to make changes in their own lives and want others to conform to them.
    IE: The ones that snack on chips while they watch tv, drink soda constantly, spend a majority of their time on their *kitten*, and fill in free time with eating.

Very well played putting the alternate aspect into the play.

The point is I just don't care. I've never worn their clothes and I doubt they would fit me. If a company wants to market based on an image like that, then let them. Getting upset about it fits into their marketing strategy just as much as buying into the "cool kids" image that they're selling to teenagers.
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    " This is a case of getting upset that the people we don't like don't like us. Waste of energy!"

Wow wow wow... are you trying to suggest that someone doesn't like me? wtf? is it you? are you saying it's you? I think you just said that you hate me. This is not the right forum for this discussion. Why couldn't you send this to me by private message? Are you aborting our baby?

No, baby! I still love you! DON'T! LEAVE! ME!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    " This is a case of getting upset that the people we don't like don't like us. Waste of energy!"

Wow wow wow... are you trying to suggest that someone doesn't like me? wtf? is it you? are you saying it's you? I think you just said that you hate me. This is not the right forum for this discussion. Why couldn't you send this to me by private message? Are you aborting our baby?

If you let me stuff the fetus and put it on the mantle, I'll stay.
  • Vain_Witch
    Options

Maybe I should go now.... *easing quietly out the door* lol!
  • TheWiseCat
    Options

Maybe I should go now.... *easing quietly out the door* lol!

*clicks the door closed* My, what nice big eyes you have...
  • Vain_Witch
    Options
    Al the better to scream silently with... Lol
  • TheWiseCat
    Options

why do all my new friendships lead to restraining orders? *sigh*
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Another thought...send all your A&F clothing to UNICEF or some other world organizations thats helps those in underserved countries. I bet Mr. Jefferies would love to see his clothing on a few skinny children in Somalia or Colombia playing soccer.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Clicked this because OP is gorgeous.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    My favorite part of the post: "As for me, I’m going to take the passive aggressive approach and start buying used Abercrombie & Fitch clothes, cutting the tags off, sewing them onto really cheap and ugly mega-store jeans, and handing them out to overweight hobos everywhere." Freaking hilarious!

I wish more companies were up front about the bigotry. We would probably never purchase another pepsi product of drive a Volkswagen again. I do wish I had access to a screen print though so I could print off ton of A&F shirts to the dirty, unwashed lot that they don't want their image to be soiled by.

The people I see usually wearing Abercrombie & Fitch would probably not meet his perception of cool any ways.
  • TheWiseCat
    Options

This kind of talk about my baby's mamma is not warranted.
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Who says fatties, or women who wear a size 12(which I am no where near!) are ugly! I am looking at all of you and I gotta tell ya, I likes what I see! This is a room full of sexy!:flowerforyou:
  • Vain_Witch
    Options

Awwww! Thank you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Vain_Witch
    Options

why do all my new friendships lead to restraining orders? *sigh*

It's not you...it's me... ;-)
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    What I don't understand, and this is coming from a size 16 girl (former size 20), is why everyone is up in arms about A&F "hating" fat people, but no one claims a company like Lane Bryant, Torrid, or Big & Tall stores "hate" skinny people. I don't fit in A&F, even if I could, I probably wouldn't because I don't particularly like their clothes. I feel as excluded from there and my thin friends would feel when I shop at Torrid. My best friend is a size 4/6 and we love going shopping, but it's pretty few and far between that a store carries clothes that fit both of us. Whether we're in "standard" sized clothing stores or "plus" size stores, the other always finds an item of clothing that we wish they carried in out size. A&F and Torrid are both exclusionary to a certain type of shopper, but you don't hear an uproar about it on the other end of the spectrum.
    (on a fun side note, there used to be a plus size store near me called NO SKINNY! now THAT is blatant exclusion)
    Well put! I think the real thing that's got so many upset is the words he used. He says he only wants "skinny" "cool" and "good looking" people to work in his stores and wear his clothing. He's making the claim that a woman who wears a bigger size than 10 can't be any of those things. And that's an out right lie!

^^^Couldn't agree more
  • onedayatatime410
    onedayatatime410 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Some people can't deal with the truth. When you come to realize the truth, just use it. Don't shop there if it bothers you. It bothers me and hence wouldn't give him a penny to save his life. Harsh, but if he doesn't care about anyone except "cool kids", then I don't care about elitist CEOs. It's sad that he thinks that he is appealing to his customer base with statements like these. If I did own any AF, I'd feel ashamed right now...

Just my opinion, *kanye shrug*
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to be discriminated against because of your fat, then lose weight. Plain and simple. I get the fat jokes too, believe me, but I figure people are entitled to do so. Being fat is gross and it's something I can control (or will soon). It's my fault I'm fat and if people want to exclude me because of it, that is totally up to them and totally fine with me. I encourage them to do so. Maybe it will inspire me to work harder and lose more weight.

It's not like he is discriminating against people who have no choice but to be what they are. We fatties have a choice. We chose to get fat.

Just cause you say it is "gross" to be fat doesn't make it so. You need to mentally overcome that barrier you got sold by certain marketing establishments. I really hope immediate people around you don't think you are "gross" cause that would be a sad living situation for them having to deal with a "gross" person all the time.

I'm sure they do think it's gross. And there is no media market strategy. Fat is gross. There is no opinion about it. Take the fat out of your body and put it in a bag and see how cute that is for you.

Why is your fat outside your body? that is more disturbing than gross. Also "there is no opinion about it" seems to not be true cause there are at least two so far, one saying it is gross and another saying it's not.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Instead of joining the group of sad and angry fatties that can't buy XL's, why not use it as motivation to push yourself into better shape?

Umm...I wear a size small and I think what he said is screwed up too. People aren't mad that they can't shop there. There are PLENTY of stores that only go up to a size 10 or 12. The reason people are mad is because he actually came out and SAID that he doesn't want fat people shopping there.

The funniest part about all of this is that the "cool kids" in high school don't even wear A&F anymore lol. The "cool kids" are into bright colors and all that stupid "Swag" stuff these days. Abercrombie has been selling the same tired designs since I was in middle school!!!Someone needs to tell this guy that they haven't been cool since 2001 lol. I'm more angry that they destroy thousands of dollars worth of clothing with minor flaws. They refuse to send it to shelters because they don't want anyone to see poor people wearing their clothing. Now THAT is messed up.
  • onedayatatime410
    onedayatatime410 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Umm...I wear a size small and I think what he said is screwed up too. People aren't mad that they can't shop there. There are PLENTY of stores that only go up to a size 10 or 12. The reason people are mad is because he actually came out and SAID that he doesn't want fat people shopping there.

The funniest part about all of this is that the "cool kids" in high school don't even wear A&F anymore lol. The "cool kids" are into bright colors and all that stupid "Swag" stuff these days. Abercrombie has been selling the same tired designs since I was in middle school!!!Someone needs to tell this guy that they haven't been cool since 2001 lol. I'm more angry that they destroy thousands of dollars worth of clothing with minor flaws. They refuse to send it to shelters because they don't want anyone to see poor people wearing their clothing. Now THAT is messed up.

^^^^ This!