calories vs protein , Carbs and Fat

CatRodger
CatRodger Posts: 105
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I seem to be under in alot of these but the odd day my protein goes over , maybe by -11 or undett hat but it just sometimes dont stay in its allowance allocated, does anyone else have this problem

Replies

• dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Are you working out? Are you under some days?

There's been quite a bit of discussion on protein the last few days, I still say don't worry about it :) going over on protein or fiber shouldn't be a problem unless it's by massive ammounts. Both of these are important. I'd personally say stay under the calories, under the fat, under the sodium, be on or slightly over the protien and fiber counts.

But that's just me and I'm not a doctor :)
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    I always used to be this way! Loads of calories left but the little red minus in protein! *Ggrrr*

Someone mentioned to me that you can change the breakdown of Carbs. Protein and Fats to something that works better for you. I would not want to give any advice as am totally unqualified, but know I should be eating more protein as I work out so often (weight training also).

Now I changed my breakdown to 40/35/25 (Carbs/Protein/Fats) I find I go over quite a bit less.

Personally, I also feel that if you have to go over - protein is the best one to do so on!!
  • CatRodger
    CatRodger Posts: 105
    Dont get to work out as much as id like to as have a younger daughter to look after untill seh starts september atr nursery, then I get to work out 3 times a week etc ... at the moment im lucky if I get there once a week based on when the hubby works and when I work, although I go out walking when I can, and walk to and form the school.

Ive been doing this three weeks today have lost 6IBS but thats more so water weight ( I think ) hoping to go regular to the gym form Jube but only once a week on a Sat or Sun Morning,

Cat x
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Looking after a baby is hard enough work.

Don't beat yourself up about the protein, think about it only if you start gaining weight. You'll be fine.
This discussion has been closed.