meals under 500 calories

Options
alexsis88
alexsis88 Posts: 36 Member
I was curious of dinner meal ideas under 500 calories and pretty much NO sugar. No fructose corn syrup or food coloring, sucralose, aspartame... u get the point lol. Thanks if u can help

Replies

• chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My dinner tonight is:

100g brussels sprouts
    200g carrots
    200g zucchini
    0.5tbs EVOO
    6.7oz Halibut fillet

444 calories

59g protein
    36g carbs
    11g fat

15g naturally occuring sugars in the vegetables

BOOM
  • Casilibre
    Casilibre Posts: 21
    Options
    My diary is always open, and I usually have dinners below 500 calories. Also no refined sugar, usually just protein, veggies, and carbs. Take a look! :)
  • alexsis88
    Options
    Sweet! I will check out out thanks :)
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I was curious of dinner meal ideas under 500 calories and pretty much NO sugar. No fructose corn syrup or food coloring, sucralose, aspartame... u get the point lol. Thanks if u can help

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/rotini-white-beans-escarole-50400000115201/
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spiced-quinoa/
    http://recipes.menshealth.com/Recipe/walk-the-plank-salmon-with-grilled-pineapple-and-asparagus.aspx

Those are two of my quick go to ones.

My dairy is also open feel free to browse.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    500 calories is a lot to play with at home.
    * Throw a chicken breast on a big salad. With the right dressing (Olive Garden's is good!), there's even room for a little shredded mozzarella under 500 calories.
    * Scramble two eggs in a skillet with a bag (yes, a whole bag) of frozen veggies.
    * Leave out a yolk from the above and you can add rice and soy sauce to make it fried rice.
    * My son makes a sauce for chicken with wine, broth, mushrooms, green onions, and parsley -- cornstarch to thicken. A serving on a chicken breast is 400 calories, leaves room for a veggie side.
    * An Aidell's chicken sausage on a hot dog bun with mustard and relish is about 400, leaves room for a small handful of potato chips.
    * Taco meat made of ground turkey with some salsa, peppers, and onions. Homemade taco shells, you can fry them like I do or spray with a little cooking oil and bend them over on a baking rack in the oven for fewer calories. Add a *small* amount of cheese plus lettuce and tomatoes. Two tacos will be under 500 calories.

Eating out for under 500 calories can be a little trickier. My go-to meal when I need protein fast but am close to my deficit is the following from Outback Steakhouse:
    - Chicken on the Barbie (I skip the sauce, personal preference)
    - Steamed Veggies (I ask them to grill the veggies after steaming)
    - Green Beans
    - Asparagus
    That right there is hard to clear off a plate, and it's about 504 calories. Do not, repeat do *not* eat the bread and butter -- it's over 300 by itself.

On the "fast food" front, Fatburger:
    - turkey burger with mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickles

Or Jimmy John's:
    - #4 wrap, easy on the mayo (but I count the full mayo portion anyway)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I love:
    4 cups broccoli
    2 carrots
    1 can King Oscar sardines in olive oil

I microwave the veggies in a glass casserole after washing them (3-4 minutes high)
    I drain water
    I add onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix
    I add sardines with olive oil and mix altogether
    I eat! Delicious and filling!

Carrots 70
    Broccoli 100
    Sardines 240
    Total Calories 410
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

I eat a whole foods diet with no added sugar. No processed food either. I usually stay under 500 calories on my meals with the lowest number of calories at dinner. I have sent you a friend request so that you can see my food diary. :smile:
  • alexsis88
    Options
    Thanks!! U guys are awesome! I feel like I eat the same old thing every other night. Or I give in to crap food! So its nice to have combination! Honestly I feel lost when it comes time to throw meals together lol I eventually try something but it takes a while to "click" in my head
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Also the Abs Diet cookbook has a lot of good recipes in it - my boyfriend likes a lot of them and he's not on a diet.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Most of my meals are less than 400 calories honestly. Feel free to look at my diary, it's mostly easy stuff though with meat/fish, veggies and sometimes couscous/noodles/rice.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit and lots of it I just had some ealier and it filled me up, it came to a whole 129 calories so room for more and of course veggies are good too.Just take some of your favorite fruit cut it up put in a bowl and enjoy.It works if you like vegies and fruit first.I dont take any artificial sweetners in to me ever flat out ,they make me sick andf give me headaches.

Not sure about meat so much because you would need to wiegh it first ,but im sure fish,chicken are good bets its all about what you add to things that make the calories jump and how much,everything in moderation is key.

ex:1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 120 cals use less like 1 tsp if you can manage or a olivio spray no calories at all,resemebles butter.

Good luck:)

almost every meal I eat is under 500 cals or less.
    I eat no worries my objective to eat more and take less calories in,yes its not to tough.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    2 5-ounce turkey burgers (made with 99/1 ground turkey), sprinkled with cayenne pepper and broiled. 1/2 cup cranberry salsa (half whole berry cranberry sauce, half fresh cut pico de gallo). Big baby spinach salad with balsamic vinegar, or a cup or so of any green veg you like.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I don't generally cook, so if you're interested in sodium-laden fast food, I'm your resource!

Wendy's chili - small 210 calories, large 310
    Carl's Jr. turkey burgers, they're all under 500 calories. My favorite is the jalapeno burger with no cheese for 420 calories.
    Subway has lots of options.
    Panda Express has a few options. I like a veggie bowl with angus steak for around 300 calories.

If you eat clean, please ignore my post. :drinker:
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had tortellini and broccoli with pesto and parmesan cheese. It was around 400 calories.
  • alexsis88
    Options
    I don't generally cook, so if you're interested in sodium-laden fast food, I'm your resource!

Wendy's chili - small 210 calories, large 310
    Carl's Jr. turkey burgers, they're all under 500 calories. My favorite is the jalapeno burger with no cheese for 420 calories.
    Subway has lots of options.
    Panda Express has a few options. I like a veggie bowl with angus steak for around 300 calories.

If you eat clean, please ignore my post. :drinker:

Newly became a stay at home mom for the summer and I'm willing to cook more but when I worked full time it was SO much easier to grab McDonalds or fast food. I'm trying to avoid it now but my husband is fast food junkie! Lol
  • alexsis88
    Options
    Fresh fruit and lots of it I just had some ealier and it filled me up, it came to a whole 129 calories so room for more and of course veggies are good too.Just take some of your favorite fruit cut it up put in a bowl and enjoy.It works if you like vegies and fruit first.I dont take any artificial sweetners in to me ever flat out ,they make me sick andf give me headaches.

Not sure about meat so much because you would need to wiegh it first ,but im sure fish,chicken are good bets its all about what you add to things that make the calories jump and how much,everything in moderation is key.

ex:1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 120 cals use less like 1 tsp if you can manage or a olivio spray no calories at all,resemebles butter.

Good luck:)

Interesting...lol I settled with baby carrots for now but might just cut a bunch of veggies and make a stir fry lol

almost every meal I eat is under 500 cals or less.
    I eat no worries my objective to eat more and take less calories in,yes its not to tough.
  • rachelprogress
    rachelprogress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My current simple favorite is an egg scramble.
    3 large eggs
    100g smoked turkey strips
    28g (1oz) mild/light white cheddar

Brown turkey in pan for a minute or 2, add eggs, stir continuously, crumble in cheese on top, when cheese gets melty, remove from pan!

Takes no more than 7 minutes from prep to eating. Packs a serious protein punch and is awfully delicious - the smoked turkey pieces end up tasting like bacon!

Nutrition:
    427cal 2 carb 24 fat 50 protein
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had egg whites (12tbsp) with 2oz sharp cheddar cheese, and 3 cups of broccoli. yum yum. 410 cals.
  • arenkel
    arenkel Posts: 77
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian currently on the 21 Day Sugar Detox, so feel free to check out my diary for the past few days. High in protein, high in fat, low in carbs & sugars. You could easily add in chicken or beef, and take out some of the eggs/dairy/nuts.

Example: dinner today was hard-boiled egg and sauteed veggies, followed by an evening snack of cottage cheese with salt & pepper. Less than 500 combined.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    -sautee veggies with a protein (i use meatless chicken or tofu), add oregano and garlic.
    -sushi bowls (rice, edamame, avocado, cucumber, carrots, crumbled nori sheets, tofu) and a little soy sauce
    -scrambled eggs with pepper, onion, mushrooms, salsa, avocado in a toritilla
    -spaghetti squash baked with homemade tomato sauce and cheese and spices with a salad on the side
    -stroganoff (i make mine with meatless grounds), homemade cream mushroom soup, mushrooms, peppers, onion, greek yogurt over egg noodles or shirataki noodles
    -cheese torteillini tossed with baby spinach, kalamata olives, banana peppers, feta cheese, cucumber and red wine vinegar olive oil lemon juice and oregano
    -taco salad with ground turkey or fake meat, with chili powder cumin and cayenne over lettuce with peppers, onion, jalepeno, mushrooms topped with salsa
    -slow cooker soup with veggie broth, diced tomatos, cabbage, peppers, mushroom, onion, tofu, zucchini, oregano and garlic
    -stuffed zucchini with ground turkey or meatless grounds topped with homemade sauce and cheese, bake in the oven
    -stir fry with protein and veggies with rice
    -eggplant curry over couscous