Losing a bunch of weight for the second...OK THIRD time!

Options
dpollet2
dpollet2 Posts: 68 Member
I think I just have one of those "all or nothing" personalities because I have a tendency to be on and off in different areas of my life, not just weight loss. At one point 8 years ago I was up to 195lbs or so. I started eating more mindfully and exercising, and I lost about 40lbs. We moved shortly after that, and I just did not get back into it. I gained it all back until in 2010 I was up to 225lb! I started running with my husband and lost 70lbs in one year. Then I went back to school and did not devote so much time to getting out to run or paying attention to how much I was eating. Back up to 210lb as of this April.

I'm now back to logging all food and exercising every day. So far I've lost about 10lb. Believe me, I am not making excuses or whining or asking, "WHY???" I know exactly what I'm doing wrong! If eating right and exercising is not one of my top priorities every single day, I know I will be right back up there. I know it's not good for me, and every single time I've lost weight I've said to myself that I would never NOT be on top of this issue, but...clearly here I am losing that same weight again!

It's sad because people who met me after we moved here saw me lose weight the second time, and were constantly telling me how good I looked and asking what I was doing. It's embarrassing to be losing weight again, and I'm sort of hoping no one mentions it. Like, "oh, you're losing weight, AGAIN?" lol

So are there other people here that are reallly good at losing weight but crap at keeping it off??