Need Easy Low-Calorie Recipes for Lunch/Dinner

Options
inktotree
inktotree Posts: 53 Member
Hey everyone!

I need some ideas for easy 200-300 calorie recipes for lunch or dinner! :)

Thank you! <3

Replies

• usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Ground Turkey and veggies

Number of servings 8

Ingredients
    Shady Brook Farm - Extra Lean Ground White Turkey 97% Fat Free, 1 container (20 oz. ea.)
    Kirkland - Stir-Fry Vegetable Blend, 8 cup
    Kirkland - Minced California Garlic, 5 tsp
    Hunts - Petite Diced Tomatoes Correct, 1 3/4 cup
    Delmonte - Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes, 1 3/4 cup
    Bird's Eye - Frozen Corn - 10 oz Package, 2/3 cup
    Uncle Ben's - Instant Brown Rice, 6 cup

Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Total: 2,310 326 25 173
    Per Serving: 289 41 3 22

This dish is somewhat like a Goulash, two dish recipe (pot for rice, and pot for ground turkey/vegetables)

Put 2 tsp minced garlic in a large pot with the ground turkey.
    Cook the ground turkey and garlic until cooked through.
    Add vegetables, additional garlic (if desired), and canned tomatoes.
    Cover and cook until the vegetables are hot.
    When the dish is almost hot, cook brown rice.
    Serve in a bowl with some brown rice on the bottom and the ground turkey/vegetable mixture on top.

This is a dish I created one day when looking to eat something different. Everyone in my family loves it. Hopefully you will too. :)

OK, so I tried to make it show the calories, carbs, fat, and protein for each ingredient but that didn't work and I took it out. Sorry.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Make a ground turkey taco salad. I sautee some onions and jalapenos in olive oil, brown the turkey in the same pan, and then when it's cooked add the taco seasoning according to the package directions (you have to simmer the turkey and seasoning in some water for a few minutes).

Then I put it the ground turkey over lettuce and add diced tomato and avacado. You can add shredded cheese if you like or crumble some tortilla chips on top--but I don't. To bring this to work, keep the meat in a separate tupperware so you can heat it up and then put it on the salad.

I also like vegetarian chili (out of the can if I'm pressed for time) on top of a small white or sweet potato that I microwave at work.
  • lattafay
    lattafay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm having two large tilapia fillets with 300g of carrot and turnip (mashed no butter) and 200g of broccoli! Comes in at about 320 cals, 13 carbs, 6 fat, 47 protein, 104 sodium and 13 sugar!