No motivation to be "skinny" ....

Options
2»

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be hot and badass, whatever size that may be.

I think those are great goals, but sometimes posts like this come across as body shaming. Just be careful how it's worded when you single out a particular group of people.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

I think those are great goals, but sometimes posts like this come across as body shaming. Just be careful how it's worded when you single out a particular group of people.

I don't think this post even comes close to body shaming. Of course, this is the internet, I'm sure *someone* will be offended.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I have no motives to make myself "skinny" what i really want is to be healthy and an athlete! I want to eventually have abs and be strong and fit. In no way am i knocking skinny women i just think for me a more athletic look would be a bigger accomplishment. My overall one year goal is to run a half marathon and possibly start on the lifting team at my college next year.

You have been heard luv by your fit community. Many share your feelings, and when you look for beauty you will find it. Look for all that is beautiful in you and health and fitness is always beautiful on all.

Good luck on your journey to a healthier and fit you xoxo
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

I don't think this post even comes close to body shaming. Of course, this is the internet, I'm sure *someone* will be offended.

I fully admit I am most likely being overly sensitive or over thinking. I just have issues with people picking a certain type and saying I DON'T want to be THAT. Just go with "I want to be strong and healthy and athletic" and leave out the rest.

Again, only MY opinion, and with that I'll take my toys and go. :bigsmile:
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Same for me. Nothing wrong with that. Some girls want to be slim because they like the look, so why can't we have the desire to NOT be skinny?

I don't even want abs, I want to have some fat on my stomach, because I love the soft look. But I do want muscular thighs and arms - though I doubt my arms will ever tone up (too much fat covering it!). My main goal is just to be healthy and to be able to move like an athlete!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options

I fully admit I am most likely being overly sensitive or over thinking. I just have issues with people picking a certain type and saying I DON'T want to be THAT. Just go with "I want to be strong and healthy and athletic" and leave out the rest.

So what is with all the thousands of people on here that don't want to be overweight and are trying to lose weight....? SOOO much body shaming going on ;)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Seems like a healthy attitude to me.
  • emilygray7165
    emilygray7165 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm totally the same! I used to want to be thin but then i realised that being toned and strong is just so much more rewarding. Already noticing differences in my body. I want to be the kind of girl that people look at and think 'woah, she obviously works out!'
    Good luck to you all! :)
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options

So what is with all the thousands of people on here that don't want to be overweight and are trying to lose weight....? SOOO much body shaming going on ;)

If a person is looking for shame they will find it, even where it doesn't exist. Stop being ashamed of yourself and stop implying that others are ashamed too. We need to create a safe environment for all to share and heal. The healing starts mentally, we have to stop being angry at ourselves for not being what we think we should be. Once we understand our bodies are suffering just as we are, we can start nurturing our bodies to better health.
    Historically there are many different weights a body can be and still be healthy. I am 5'4" almost 180 lbs with a 27% body fat and size 10 pant. I am an amazon lol
    I love me, and know my weight is high, but I lift and the shape and size of my body is awesome!!

Do what you need to to love yourself more, to help yourself more. We are here for you luv!!
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

I feel the same way. I'm always turned off by negative statements like that...