Seriously - - now I need "car snacks"?

Options
awesomek001
awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
I don't know how many times in the past few months I've planned my day's work and errands (including making sure I have time for snacks and meals at home) only to have the be derailed by "Mom, can you . . . ." moments. Really, if my kids could get there things to find into my schedule better, my life would be so much easier :grumble:

I'm just wondering how many of you are in the same predicament (I'll allow Dads to weigh in on this too!) - - and what's your solution.

Do you keep snacks in your car so that you're not stuck for 5 or 6 hours doing "kid running" and all those errands that come with those wonderful blessings - - - without any snacks at all?

If you do keep snacks in your vehicle, what are they?

Replies

• LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    Options
    I don't have snacks in my car, but in my bag I do tend to carry:
    100 calorie pack dry roasted almonds
    protein bar
    spiced apple or grape (of course they are pre measured)
    beef jerky

I don't necessarily have all that in my bag at one time. But just some of the things I like to keep with me. you never know what's going to happen today.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I agree a little pack of nuts or some other item that won't get gross in a hot car is a great way to have a snack when your caught off gaurd

If you absolutely have to stop at a gas station most of them have little 100 calorie snacks available.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I keep a protein bar in my purse, that's about it. I don't keep snacks in the car due to weather factors. You know, if it's really hot, that protein bar or snack may be a gooey mess.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    When it's not hot enough to melt them, I keep a box of Luna bars in the trunk. Works well for,emergency kids snacks too.
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't have young children who need my time and attention constantly, but my life is pretty hectic without it. I just decided yesterday that I would begin purchasing snacks I could keep in the car because when one of those long days happens and you're all but starving by the time it's over, it's so much easier to pull into a fast food joint and make a poor choice because of the extreme hunger (I refrain from burger joints, but chicken wings from the Chinese place always calls my name at those times). So some nuts, trail mix or snack bars will now be a staple item in my car.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have no children BUT I keep a big box of Lance Toast-Chee pb crackers in my car because I have evening classes and if i was running late and didn't have time to stop for foo I can grab a pack and at least not disturb everyone with my growling stomach. Cheaper and keeps me from the vending machines!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I keep one of those zipper lunch bags in my work bag - if I remember correctly it currently has a couple granola bars (Fiber One and Quaker chewy), a couple single serve applesauces, some of the little boxes of raisins, single serve nut packs. I like to have a big selection so I have choices and if I'm not in the mood for X I have other options than the vending machine (or convenience store, drive thru, whatever).