How to get back on track after binging?

Options
It seems like every time I go over my calorie limit a little bit, it's super easy to just start binging because I feel like I've already failed. And then, after I binge, it's hard not to give up because it feels too hard to put in the effort again after I've failed at maintaining my diet. How do I keep my motivation up after making mistakes? How do I avoid giving up completely? Thanks! :3

Replies

• ninaa8123
    ninaa8123 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm having practically this same issue! Yesterday I had to take a day off from the gym cause my muscles were so sore, and I swear I ate enough to feed an army. Today practically the same thing happened. My muscles are still extremely sore, and I feel as though if I see food, I eat it. Personally I think this is all a mental game! I'm currently telling myself that even though my body hurts, I'll find some sort of way to exercise! Plus being at the gym is a good way to avoid binging. I'm headed to the gym as soon as I press the "post" button, and hope it goes well for you too! :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I am curious to know your current height/weight. Often times the body revolts MORE when you actually don't have much weight to lose. The way you get back on track is realizing that staying off track will never get you closer to your goal--so you have 3 options...1) stay where you're at 2) go further off track or 3) put it behind you and make progress. The choice IS YOURS.
  • LadyAsrai
    LadyAsrai Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah, I'm 5'2"-5'3"- not quite sure- and a little above 120 pounds, though I have quite a thin frame- I'd be lighter if I hadn't spent the past couple of years emotionally binging all the freaking time. So yeah, I'm trying to lose 15-20 pounds ^^
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It is totally a mental game we play with ourselves.
    If you need any help or motivation you can join a challenge/accountability group I have on facebook, just let me know if you have any interest. You can also find me at www.destinationfit4life.com.