Can I loose 30 pounds by end of August?

Options
I was working out in January twice a day and burning about 500-550 calories per day which went on for 3 weeks. My target was to loose 30 pounds by April but had to stop the workout for some reasons. I started it again from yesterday with a new target to loose 30 pounds till end of August.

Since last 2 days I am working out just once a day and burning 300 calories by cardio and some weight exercises. From Monday I am planning to get on to my schedule of working out 2 times a day and burning around 500-550 through cardio and weights. I have stopped all my sugar intake and have switched to low fat food.

I am a vegetarian so don't have much food options which can provide me with the required proteins, vitamins and minerals in my body.

Is my target too high? Did anyone loose 30 pounds in about 3 months?

Replies

• Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Kind of on the high side depending on where you're starting off at.
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i lost fifty in 4
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    That's about 10 pounds a month which would be about 2 1/2 pounds a week... Not sure if that is all the healthy but I say eat a lot and just exercise even more.. drink LOTS of water, and you can do it. I am trying to lose 30 but I plan to do it in 6 months.
  • tamuaggie08
    tamuaggie08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've lost right at 18 in 7 weeks, so I think it's completely possible. That's right under 2 months. I'm shooting for another 10 by mid June. I hope that helps!
  • optimisticShark
    optimisticShark Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ohh yaa sorry, I missed to provide the main details in my post.

I am a female, weighing 185 pounds with 5'4" height and vegetarian diet.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    If the ticker on your site is correct (that you eventually want to lose 136 lbs), than I see no reason why you can't at least come close to losing that much weight. For most, though, it is a little on the high side. If you're starting off at 260-ish or more (not sure where you're starting out at), then it's pretty realistic, although it will be very challenging. Personally, I'd suggest trying to lose more like 15 pounds in that amount of time.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Ohh yaa sorry, I missed to provide the main details in my post.

I am a female, weighing 185 pounds with 5'4" height and vegetarian diet.

Not very realistic, then. Try to start a little slower.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I eat a pescatarian diet I'm your height and 138 pounds.

I feel like your goal is a little high. I'm on a protein getting kick if you want to check out my food diary (It's open)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    instead of focusing on the lbs lost, you would be better off focusing on losing just fat, or at least minimizing muscle loss.
    are you doing strength training?
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I feel like your goal is a little high. I'm on a protein getting kick if you want to check out my food diary (It's open)

Completely off subject but I love your red hair!!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

Completely off subject but I love your red hair!!

Thanks. It's a combination of L'oreal Magenta for the roots then all over Special Effects Blood Red and Candy Apple Red mixed 50/50. I wish I could say it grew out of my head that way.
  • optimisticShark
    optimisticShark Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am doing some weight training. But not a lot compared to amount of cardio I am doing. I walk on a treadmill for like 50 mins and burn around 250-275 calories right now. From next week I would be repeating the same.

I wish I could run. I am finding running difficult due to my weight, as all of it comes on my knees and ankles which gives lot of pain. Also apart from that I cannot run continuously more than 2 mins.
  • LBinSF
    LBinSF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes- it's possible if you're starting off with a lot of weight to lose. Will be very hard to do if you only have 30 pounds total to lose.

When I was really fat, I lost about 10 pounds per month for 6 months in a row. Then the next 15 pounds took FOREVER to lose...after 4 months of losing zero pounds and just staying at the same weight - until finding out about MyFitnessPal in January of this year.
    Not sure whether the last 17-25 pounds will ever come off! But still chipping away at it.

Two ideas for rapid weight loss include:
    1) Ketosis/ burning fat enzymes by reducing the amount of carbs you eat. This is what I did & the good news is that being in ketosis somehow suppressed my appetite so I didn't feel hungry. But did have lots of small, lean protein snacks. In ketosis, your glycogen stores are depleted (stored sugar in our cells - ready to burn for energy) so the body is forced to burn fatty acids (or ketones) for energy. It totally works but I got a bad taste in my mouth during it.

2) Another thing you could try is Overeaters Anonymous- which is free. Or Food Addicts In REcovery Anonymous (nicknamed FA) - also free. I tried both but didn't like either. But a couple of my friends have had rapid, physically healthy weight loss in FA. But I didn't like how restrictive FA was - and having external controls on my food caused me to want to rebel.

MyFitnessPal is the best thing I've found as far as monitoring food intake, seeing graphs of progress, etc.
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    jan 14th until now i've lost 40lbs. I've lost it healthy way. I don't starve myself i eat about 1800-1900 calories a day and more when i work out. It can happen depending if you have a good amount of weight to lose such as myself.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Way too high

Everyone is different I guess.. I set a goal for 20 lbs in Jan and I still have 4lbs left. People who have A LOT of weight to lose (or more body fat) will easily lose it but those who are more muscular in general will have a harder time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!