Weekly exercise

Options
Hi there

Just wondering if people could comment on my workout plan. I want to lose weight and get in shape.
Basically, I have been the same weight for almost 3 years, between 70-73 kgs. I want to get down to 65kgs.
I live in Japan, so alot of the food I eat may not be in the calorie database, so I tend to find the closest substitute. Or I just add calories. I also have school lunches, which fortunately write the calories down. I basically eat around 1600-1900 with exercise, or 1400-1500 on rest days.

To lose weight and get in shape, this is my weekly workout. I am also recovering from ACL reconstruction, so I am limited at the moment to what exercise I can and cant do. I tend to underestimate my burned calories cause I am not sure if my speed etc is correct.

Monday 1600-1900
30 min med to fast walk to school and back.
20 min swimming. 5 sets of 3 laps freestyle. 10-20 min free swim.
Fitday says 300 calories all together

Tuesday 1600-1900
40-60 min weight training legs and arms
25 min stationary bike 80-90 rpm 13.5 km. Bike says 220 calories
Fitday says all together 400~

Wednesday 1600-1900

Thursday 1600-1900
40-60 min weight training legs and arms
25 min stationary bike 80-90 rpm 13.5 km. Bike says 220 calories
Fitday says all together 400~

Friday 1600-1900 I also have alcohol. 2-4 Glasses of whiskey and coke.

Saturday and Sunday
Restdays
1400-1600

So what do people think? I have used this plan for about 1 month and haven't really lost any weight. Am I eating to little or too much? Underestimating my burned calories too much?

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I think this is a really good fitness program. If this is convenient for you, then I wouldn't change anything.

Looking over your diary, it's a bit of challenge to get a read on how you're doing since you have the "quick add" calories, but I understand why you have to do that because of what you stated.

I guess the only thing I would suggest is to try and make a conscious effort to eat a bit more calories from protein sources (more sushi! haha) and a little less from carb sources. I think your calories is fine. Just a re-allocation of sorts from carbs to protein. I think this will help you drop bodyfat, as well as support your fitness goals.

Keep up the great work!
  • briniepoo
    briniepoo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Opps, sorry for taking so long in replying!! Thanks for the tips, I shall try and up my protein intake!!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    That weekly exercise looks great! Keep it up.

More protein for sure :smile: