2 lbs a week/1 lb a week

Options
Part of my challenge as I'm wrapping up my first month and evaluating what's working, what isn't, what I think I should do, what's healthy, what's not, I've seen a lot of discussion on the topic of undereating.

MDP recommends 1 lb a week and for me, won't do 2 lbs a week as it would dip me below 1200 calories. So as a stopgap in attempting to hit 2 lbs a week, it just "bottoms out" at 1200. My goal is 31 lbs (from 161 to 130), and I really don't care how long it takes me to get there.

For those of you who have lost weight and kept it off, how many pounds a week is sufficient/realistic for you?

Replies

• Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Well, I only got serious in September, when I hired a trainer, and I got a little fanatical with my cut. I decided that I wasn't going to undo all the High Intensity punishment that I was going through in the gym for a measly 1 pound a week. I really REALLY don't like cardio, so for me, the faster I could take it off, the quicker I could get into what I loved, weight training.

I lost 40 pounds in 3 months. I still have 20-25 lbs to go to hit 15% bodyfat, but I'm getting there, and going slowly. For me it was about getting to an acceptable weight, out of the "obese" range so that I could continue to lose at a more manageable pace without feeling like I looked like Jabba the Hutt.

Ho Ho Ho Hoooo, Bring me SOLO and the WOOKIE!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I lost 36 lbs in about 8 months and it didn't feel like work at all. I originally set my goal to 1/2 a pound weekly, but that's what I got.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

For those of you who have lost weight and kept it off, how many pounds a week is sufficient/realistic for you?

It depends on how much you have to lose. Those with a lot to lose can lose more per week. Those with a little to lose can only lose a little per week.