WTF am I doing wrong??? Going up in weight not down

Options
If you can offer some advice please do.

Training now for 4 weeks only joined MFP 2 weeks ago. Lost 2 kg in first week but since my weight did not move for to and this morning actually went 0.5kg.

I train with a PT 3 times a week first thing in the morning. Every other day I walk on treadmill at home for 30 - 45 minutes. Somedays i find it hard to get my calories up especially on training days. I have a disease called IGA disease wich effects kidney function, this means I cannot eat alot of protein.

The only thing I'm loosing at the moment is my patience. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Training more means your body has to repair and strengthen muscles. Constant training will mean you body is holding onto water as it repairs, whenever I want to look pumped, I just go work out, it makes everything swell..

Water weighs 8 pounds per gallon, and if your cut isn't that steep, it could take a few months for fat loss to show, because of fluctuations in water weight.

We all want the scale to give us reassurance constantly, but it's not that easy. Use a measuring tape and keep at it. Patience.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    -How are you judging calories burned?
    - Are you using a food scale?

I see a lot of sodium in your diary, are you drinking enough water? You could easily be retaining water with the amount of sodium you take in.

Do you take any rest days? If not your muscles could be holding onto water for repairs.

How often do you weigh in? If you see even a 1lb increase overnight, it is most likely water weight.

If it will make you feel better, this is what my weight looked like for the last 4 weeks:

sx0sab.jpg
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    as someone with kidney issues myself the very first thing i would do is drop sodium to 1500mg a day, on days i have more than 2000mg i can gain upwards to 4 lbs overnight because of water retention.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Just be more patient.

It took me almost two months to lose 2lbs.. scale was stuck at 166lbs.. I tried eating more, exercising less, exercising more, eating less.. my body just decided today it was going to lose 2 lbs. Not sure what to recommend to you other than inquiring about your calorie intake, exercise frequency (if a lot, any rest days?), macros, sodium, sugar??

Here, this is what my weight loss and body fat loss was since last year.. Ignore the last year part cause I wasn't being serious. I hit a plateau of some kind since the end of Feb yet my BF% was going down the entire time

8dcf6462-e6e9-4927-8fdd-7d257c0e183c_zps1544267a.jpg
    9147372e-7052-4be1-a763-979f3c04d432_zps636506ed.jpg
  • jimtryingtoslim
    jimtryingtoslim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reply, using calories burned from Polar FT7, I have one day rest a week but usually go for nice walk outside for 20minutes. Drink about 2 -3 l of water per day and weigh in once a week.
    Thanks again for reply