Hiding behind others in photos because I look fat

Options
2»

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,755 Member
    Options
    Like other responses, I've either tried to not be present for pictures or tried to be the one TAKING the pictures! There was a big wedding in the family before I really gained a lot of weight and I was in the wedding, so those pics will have to last a bit! I know "fat" pics of me with my nephews are around as they were born in the interim, but I think my brother and SIL are hiding them. I gained my most weight when I quit smoking followed by a double back fusion, then had to wait a year to have the hardware removed as it was making things worse. It's taken a few years for the pain to get to a more tolerable place. I gained a lot despite eating healthy, just too MUCH healthy food (most likely I felt hungry around the time I'd normally smoke looking back on it).

Definitely take lots of pics when you (and I) feel better about ourselves!
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You'll see in my before picture that my daughter was of insufficient size for hiding behind:

f179dd93-dcc6-461c-97be-944ca0fc2905_zps007d77e2.jpg

Still tried it!
    lol!
    Reminds me of this picture of me from a(long)while back.
    22bx90.jpg
    "MAYBE IF I HOLD DYLAN AWKWARDLY IN FRONT OF ME, NO ONE WILL KNOW HOW FAT I AM!" false, past me, false.

So funny! I have done that all my life. I used to want my sisters to be in front of me now I use my son and husband.
  • Robin_Anne
    Robin_Anne Posts: 54
    Options
    Yes, totally. I've done the "stand in the middle" with two friends flanking each side or the lean forward pose so that the double chin disappears. Or only having shots of me from the shoulders on up.....I don't have any photos on FB besides a profile pic because of body shame. Yeah, that will be great when I actually take photos of my entire body and I'm not hiding behind people, trees or weird camera angles.
  • codagene
    codagene Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I avoid taking pictures in general, not happy with the weight gain. It's kind of sad that we base our looks on the size we are. We should be comfortable no matter what our size right?