The Color Run...HERE I COME

Options
Hi,
Has anyone done the color run before? I will run it on October but I was wondering how to prepare for it since it will be my first 5k to run :-). Also, what are your experiences everyone? Thanks.

Replies

• DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it yet but I'm doing one in Sept.

I thought this was a cool article: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-NOT-to-run-your-first-5k-or-10k-race/
    Also, I've heard these tips:

1. Cover your phone in plastic wrap or put it in a plastic bag if you're taking it.
    2. Wear sunglasses and a bandanna. I guess the color is less than pleasant to inhale.
    3. Protect the inside of your car accordingly. Plastic wrap or whatever.
    4. Be prepared for people to slow down to a walk around color stations, or even lay in the color and roll around a bit. If you're nearest a color station, prepare for people to dart in front of you. If you move to one side or the other, do so slowly as to not trip anyone.
    5. Save your color packet until the end!
    6. Have fun :]
  • salmaosman
    salmaosman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips, I was wondering how I'm going to take my cell phone with me, I will definitely take your advice. Good luck in your run :-).
  • highheeldiva01
    highheeldiva01 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Im doing the one in saint louis in aug and it si my 1st 5k fun also!!!! Im sooooo excited!!!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    never been to one but I'm planning to go to one in August :) my first 5 K too
  • Squrtea
    Squrtea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did it last week end. It was a blast!!! You dont get timed and it's all about fun.. there are runners, walkers and interval runners like me. They give you sunglasses. Bring safety pins for your runner number. last year I used a mobile trainer but this year I am running to Zombies! Run. But any of the 5 k trainers will whip you into shape no time.. but again.. It was a fun run with all lvls so don't even worry about it unless this is what gives you the extra motivation.

And I had my phone in my sports bra.. it came out fine and I got some great shots but I think I was lucky..
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I did it last year (in Australia) they didnt give us sunglasses, I brought some. I didnt find there was a problem with inhaling the colour. Its just fun, its really not a serious run.
    But if you've never done any running at all, start the C25k program, lots of people have had success with that.
    I hope you have an absolute blast!
  • salmaosman
    salmaosman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, I will have a lot of fun I'm so excited.