Banned from the elevators

Options
2»

Replies

• MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Good idea Sawjer. I need to take the stairs instead of the escalators as well. That will help.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I've done the same (although its only 4 flights of stairs to my office) and haven't now used the lift for 7 weeks. I am still at the stage of praying there's nobody at the top who wants to talk to me though as I get my breath back LOL
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! I've been doing that for years now, half for the excercise and half so that I don't get trapped with someone wearing too much perfume or cologne.
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good idea Sawjer. I need to take the stairs instead of the escalators as well. That will help.

Every little helps :) Keep us all updated on how much better you feel!
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am officially banning myself from all elevators. I will walk up and down the stairs from now on, at work, at my apartment, and anytime I take a subway. I live on the 7th floor in my apartment complex, so it will be a bit of a walk, but a good walk. Since the weather is warming up, I am also officially banning myself from taking the bus to the subway station. I can walk. Yall wish me luck!

That's a great idea!
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This is going to be great for you! Really hard at first but after a month you'll be sprinting up them
  • fat_harrie
    fat_harrie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started a new job and told everyone that I have a fear of small spaces so the lifts are out of the question! It also means I can't back out of it either! lol
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    7 flights of stairs can be a challenge just don't do it if you buy 2 weeks worth of groceries all at once haha.

Regardless you have my support :)

That reminds me of the State Farm commercial where the guys are carrying groceries and sweating from the heat and the one starts talking about his car insurance policy and the other is like "wait you have a car..." lol!

But I agree with the other posters that this is a great idea!! Best of luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    It's not just a great idea, it's NEAT.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the encouragement. Day one was great.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I started a new job and told everyone that I have a fear of small spaces so the lifts are out of the question! It also means I can't back out of it either! lol

Great idea to tell everyone about it! Now you gotta take the stairs!
  • fat_harrie
    fat_harrie Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Great idea to tell everyone about it! Now you gotta take the stairs!

Thanks, there are some days (like this morning) I was not too impressed but I'm starting to see the results in my thighs!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I am slowly doing this as well. It is somewhat complicated getting to my office in the morning, but I park on the 3rd floor of a parking garage. I always take the stairs there, down and up. Then when I get close to my building, I climb a flight of stairs. Then after walking down a hallway, there are four more flights to my office. So far, I've been great about the parking garage stairs and the first set of stairs, but I haven't yet braved the four flights to my office. They are steep and I would be dying by the top. Maybe I'll add in a flight this week.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I am officially banning myself from all elevators. I will walk up and down the stairs from now on, at work, at my apartment, and anytime I take a subway. I live on the 7th floor in my apartment complex, so it will be a bit of a walk, but a good walk. Since the weather is warming up, I am also officially banning myself from taking the bus to the subway station. I can walk. Yall wish me luck!

I would love to ban myself from elevators (I'm terrified of them after getting stuck in one), however climbing over 30 floors each time I go downstairs is not practical. However, great thinking. 7 floors isn't bad, once you do it a few times. It will get easier!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Id try to do the same, but with having leg day 3x a week, and having gout, if Im going to the 8th floor in my parking structure in my suit, Ill take the elevator