need help with cooking healthier

Options
I am an on the go 21 year old college student I do fine dieting at home and during the week yet on the weekend I go to my boyfriends who is a typical 24 year old male not dieting, no groceries, and just wants to eat out. I'm looking for healthy cheap meals that I can cook for me and my guy on the weekends. Preferably not a lot of ingredients and taste great so he won't complain about the healthy aspect. Also any other great recipes are always appreciated. Maybe a site or blog you like for recipes.

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I don't know what sort of thigs you like but in my books roast dinners(meat and all the veg) are really low calorie! or if you don't worry about carbs,chilli con carne,or just the humble old chicken salad!(probally abit too healthy tho for others)!
    or stir fry with all the spring rolls ect just check the cals on them first and don't fry with oil!
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    This is a really great article describing how to lighten up foods that guys generally like and appreciate.

http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/smart-choices/guy-foods-lightened-00412000067595/page13.html

Also, check out skinnytaste.com - there are some simple but amazing recipes you can try.

Second that on the pot roast and veggies. It's super easy and delicious.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Shameless plug (sorry!) but my food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com - might give you some ideas :)

Ax
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I keep pushing my ground turkey taco salad (w/o cheese and chips) on the forums because I loved it that much today at lunch :)

Make the salad for yourself using lettuce, tomato, and avocado, and let your boyfriend make a couple tacos (soft or hard shell) and add cheese, sour cream, or anything else he wants on there that you may not wish to add. Rice and beans or refried beans could be additional sides for the bf.